Instafriday:Whirlwind

Happy Instafriday! Welcome to the little photo recap of our week.
This week has been a week full of ups and downs. Such a whirlwind.
Poor Soren came down with the ear infection of his life. This man has a higher pain tolerance and endurance level than anyone I have met. But the poor guy was totally blindsided by the kind of pain his ear was in. He ended up driving himself to the ER at 5 in the morning and was at a level 10 amount of pain by the time he got there. FIVE HOURS LATER they finally gave him something strong enough to cut the pain. I didn't even go to the hospital until around 10 am, thinking they would have fixed him up by then. Instead they had admitted him, given him a CAT scan and done nothing for the pain. Needless to say I was a tad bit FURIOUS with the nurses, doctors, staff when I found out and did my share of chewing people out.


Finally he was able to sleep and we took him some chocolate pudding per his request later that night. His hearing still isn't back, but at least things seem to have healed up pretty quickly. The best part about it all was listening to all the CA-RAZY things Soren talked about while on pain killers. He is a very funny drugged out patient.


Easton and Soren picked me up some carnations (my favorite!) while grocery shopping for me. This was an unsual, unexpected and VERY welcome treat!


I am in the middle of gallery wall for our family photos we had taken last fall. Yep, finally got them printed. We have company coming on Sunday so it will be up by then. I'll have more to share about it next week.


After Soren got out of the hospital we had a lot of orders to catch up on- growth charts and belts. This is a shot of him applying our custom stamp to the belt.


My favorite and only living houseplants are succulents. I taught a lesson in church on Sunday about testimony and faith growing from a small seed and this little fella' was my visual aide.


The boys and I made it to the park once this week. We lasted all of 15 minutes in the heat.



A better option was the pool the next day. We love that Grandma has a pool we can use on demand.


Animal crackers are the required snack for the pool. I brought them once and they have stuck as tradition.


In other crazy health news, I got to go to Urgent Care myself this week as well. While on vacation my cuticle started to get infected. I kept Neosporin on it and waited for it to get better. It never did. Three weeks later it still hurts like heck and isn't getting any better. Walgreens' clinic told me I'd have to have it cut open and drained and sent me to Urgent Care.  I was more than a little nervous for them to cut my finger open, but I braved it out and went alone. The good or bad thing was that they didn't have to cut it, but diagnosed it as a Staph infection. I'm on two antibiotics and *hopefully* on the mend.



Hope you all had a great week! Linking up to Instafriday at Life Rearranged.

Pin It

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts