DIY Nautical Scarf Organizer

Closet organizing has recently become a challenge in my life. In probably last three years as I have expanded my style comfort zone, I have also been accumulating more accessory type items. What do I do with all of these boots, hats, purses, clutches and scarves?? I have suddenly amassed more accessories than I know how to store.
IMG_7323b title

Scarves were a big problem. When I only had a couple, I tied them on to my closet rod, but as I purchased more, they began to take up too much space. I considered a basket, but I wanted them hanging so that I could incorporate them as I put together an outfit. I started browsing Pinterest for scarf organization ideas and was drawn to this image. I love the simplicity of it and obviously all of those scarves are amazing.
IMG_7301b
We had a big blank wall in our walk-in closet that was perfect for this style of scarf organization. The kids and I headed to the local farm store to get some real rope by the foot. I think Lowes or Home Depot has it too. I picked out some rope that wasn't too slick, but also wasn't too rough. I bought about 12 ft. of it.

When Soren got home I showed him my idea. He was able to find some old curtain hooks that we weren't using and some red fishing line. We held up the rope together to determine the height and curve of the rope and then he whipped the ends of the rope with fishing line and hung the hooks.
 IMG_7306b IMG_7308b
Then we hung them all up. I love that I don’t have to tie them on, they just lay over the rope. They also add some décor to our closet and a slight nautical feel. If you have an empty closet wall, I highly recommend it. Dress up your closet with the cute scarves you already own!
IMG_7318b
Finished!
IMG_7323b

Pin It

Comments

  1. I love this. I have a link party that starts tomorrow. I would love it if you would link it there.
    Debi
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. I wish I had a closet where I can do this. Thanks so much for sharing on Tout It Tuesday. Hope to see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really very cool and attractive. I have my own walk-in closet where I can use this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE how these turned out. Very creative. Awesome colors and photos too! :)

    Marlene
    Info site for Skagway Tours Website

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts