Instafriday- Mom's Time Out

This week’s Instafriday edition is a glimpse of my time out- away from the house- at Time Out for Women. Time Out for Women is a religious weekend conference meant to inspire, uplift and renew women. I went last year in KC and decided to make a trip out of it this year when it was in St. Louis.
 
 
IMG_2966
 
My Mom, our friend and I drove to St. Louis on Friday. We met another one of our good friends and went to Friday evening’s program. We then spend the night at a hotel and went to more classes all day Saturday. The speakers and music were definitely uplifting, surprisingly hilarious, and so inspiring. I left feeling like I have a lot to improve on, but that I can do it.
 
One of my favorite things I heard was that “letting our weaknesses show allows others to see the Lord work in us.” (James Ferrell) Sometimes we all try to put on such a perfect front and it looks to others like we can do it all. In reality we can’t do it all and letting other people see that helps them and us.
 
IMG_2967
 
Another thought I loved was, “Greatness is best measured by how well an individual responds to the happenings in life that appear to be totally unfair, unreasonable, and undeserved.” (Marvin J Ashton) Everyone has hard situations in life and often I find it really hard to respond happily or optimistically to this kind of hard stuff. This quote really rang true though.
 
The theme for the conference was Choose The Good. One last thought that hit home for me was that, “Good is not always in our comfort zone.” (Emily Watts) I am the first to admit that I LOVE my comfort zone, but its hard to grow there. Its true that we can do a lot of good if we leave our comfort zone and stop thinking about ourselves.
 
 
IMG_2968
 
We drove home after the conference and our only complaint was four more hours of sitting in the car. We did a LOT of sitting over the two days. We stopped at a mall to walk around mid-drive and grabbed some smoothies. I was the only one who thought it was awesome that our smoothies matched our outfits. Leave it to the fashion blogger.
 
Have a photo worthy weekend!

Linking up to Instafriday at Life Rearranged.

Pin It

Comments

  1. Love those two quotes you shared! Such great reminders!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quotes! I went to Time out for Women YEARS ago and it was a great experience...I'll have to see when it is close to me again! Have a good weekend! PS--I totally would have noticed the fact that the smoothies matched your outfits too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that quote about weakness showing through. Such a powerful statement that is so true!

    Found your blog through InstaFriday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed by the quotes that you shared. Marvin Ashton is one of my favorite people! Who puts on this conference? Thanks for sharing. Donna Bradshaw

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I really looked as tired as I felt! We shoulda taken pictures at the start of the day, instead of the end when I had cried off all my make-up! I had a great time with you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts