Five Easy and Chic Ways to Tie a Scarf

I shared this tutorial a few weeks ago at Sugar Bee Crafts where I am the fashion contributor, but I wanted to make sure to share it with you all too!
I love scarves, especially in the Fall. I almost always have one with me because it's like a mini-blanket. They make great accessories and keep me warm. I want to share five ways that I wear my scarves. There are SO many ways to tie a scarf (just search on Pinterest!), but I stick with a few that are tried and true.
513
1. Looped Once: This is my favorite way to wear a scarf. It's easy, warm and the drape looks great. One tip is to hold opposite corners of the scarf before wrapping it. Then it will drape with angled ends, not straight ones.
448b
2. Infinity Scarf: Instead of buying a specific looped scarf, I tie the ends of my scarves together to create an infinity scarf shape. Just be sure to hide the tails into the body of scarf behind your neck.
458b
3. Halter Vest: I just learned this trick last week from a friend. The scarf creates a draped vest with only one tie.
491b
To get this look, tie your scarf in a large loop. Put it around your neck and both arms through. Tuck the fringe in the front and adjust the drape. Voila!
492b 498b 500b
4. Belted Scarf: You heard me- belt your scarf! I love this look, especially with a pencil skirt . Just tie or buckle a skinny belt around your scarf and pull the top to create a blouson look. Its unexpected and very chic.
474
5. Twisted Knot: I’m not sure of the technical name for this knot, but it is a basic scarf knot with a twist. It adds a little more volume to the top and the knot.
504b
To get this look, fold your scarf in half. Wrap it around your neck and put one end through the loop you created with your fold. Then twist that loop and pull the other end through the remaining loop. Voila!
Have you been wearing scarves this fall? Which is your favorite look? I challenge you to try a new one!
Pin It

Comments

  1. Love this...it was so helpful!!! I have wanted to wear scarves for quite a while, but really didn't know how.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your article is outstanding, the edition is something that not a lot of persons are talking intelligently about it. I’m truly lucky that i stumbled across this in my scour for something relating to this.

    social shopping

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts