Kid's Craft- Watercolor Doilies for Valentines' Day

Valentine Watercolor Doilies- ONE little MOMMA
I am a sucker for all things doily. I have used them on my living room pillows and just love any doily repurpose project. When I saw these paper heart doilies in the Target dollar section and I knew we could definitely find a craft for them at home.
IMG_3521b
While I worked on another project, I pulled out my watercolors and got Easton started painting them. He is used to tempera paint and had a hard time adjusting to using so much water and so little paint, but he did well. He also did NOT want to stick to my suggestion of reds, pinks and purples for Valentine’s Day so we went with it.
IMG_3523b
IMG_3524b
When Kesler woke up from his nap he took a turn with a few and I finished them off. The paint would have taken better to the back side of the paper doilies than the slightly glossy front, but it worked well enough. We let them dry on a cookie sheet in a reasonably flat manner.
IMG_3531b
Once they were dry I strung them through with a piece of twine to make a few banners for the house. We don’t have a lot in the way of Valentine’s Day décor, but these are definitely my style. They are a little rustic, homemade, and obviously great because they are doilies.
IMG_3584b
These would have been fun hung vertically in a doorway or a window too. Or just taped to a window. No matter how you display them, they are an inexpensive, easy, holiday craft to do with your kiddos (or yourself!)
IMG_3567b

Pin It

Comments

  1. Cute project! Loving how the kids can have fun making something for the home. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! Kids creations are always the best!! I love what their little hands can create. Hope to be doing this with my future children! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute....simple and cheap, I like it! Just posted on Craft Gossip, happy Valentines' Day!!

    http://lessonplans.craftgossip.com/?p=7572

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute and easy craft, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I love that the kids can help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! Such a cute project for the kiddos to help with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is jonesdruman This blog was simply great post byb you. I really appreciate your blog. Really awesome blog I would like to know more about this. Please give some ideas about your blog. Thanks…………………………………….
    Royal Challengers Bangalore Team Squad Captain Name
    KXIP New Players List
    DD 2016 Logo Jersey Images Photos

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts