Turn a Graphic Tee Into a Maternity Top


Mens-Graphic-Tee-Turned-Maternity-Top-ONElittleMOMMA

This pregnancy, when I pulled out all of my maternity tops from storage, I found a lot of basic, solid colored tees. Nothing against solid tees, but my wardrobe has evolved a little and I have been looking for items a little more personality and ‘oomph’. Enter this tutorial. And this maternity street style. What happens when you combine the two? A very cool semi-homemade graphic maternity tee.


So where did I start? The thrift store of course. I combed the men’s t-shirt rack looking for a great graphic print tee and something that fit about right in the shoulders and neck.


            IMG_5158b   IMG_5162 b

This before look is pretty typical pregnant momma right? Husband’s t-shirt and yoga pants? Well, not after adding a little elastic! Just follow the tutorial from Dana at MADE and make it to fit.

The ruching on the sides really makes the shirt fit so much better!

IMG_5189b


IMG_5167b


IMG_5169b
Jacket: Thrifted, Tee: Thrifted, Pants: TJ Maxx, Boots: Frye

I loved this project so much that I promptly texted my hubby to ask if I could steal my favorite of his vintage tees. He was so generous and gifted it to me. His shirt was much larger to start with so I took in the sleeves and the back. I pinned the back of the shirt down the middle to take out the excess and left a seam up the center of the back. I then sewed up the one straight line, tried it on, and then cut off the excess.

photo

It worked perfectly! The extra fabric on the backside is gone and tightens the shirt around the belly even more. You can see more of it here!

IMG_5290b

Now the question is- will I be able to stop these t-shirt makeovers!?!

Comments

  1. This is cute! What a great idea. I'm going to check out that tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I'll have to remember it! I'd love for you to consider joining our first ever Pattern Party! Those with free patterns to share are invited to link up. Check it out!
    http://getyourcraptogether.blogspot.com/search/label/Pattern%20Party

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, very nice! And you wear it so well.

    Just love // kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many many congratulations on you pregnancy. I'm due on 6th August! I can't wait!
    Lovely casual outfit! Great idea!
    Zoe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hair and I love your outfit! I like what you did with that shirt. I'm your newest follower :)

    Diana
    www.picturesand1000words.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo i will keep this bookmarked for the future!!

    new follower from aloha hop!
    www.mamacase.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is one nice top. I love your idea. When I was expecting, I was going through every websites wanting to buy maternity tops online but you on another hand just turned creative and look! what a lovely outfit indeed. Thank you so much, this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fashionable tees became a staple of a woman's wardrobe, allowing style-conscious gentlemen to express themselves through shirts sporting creative art and cheeky slogans.http://www.apparelnbags.com/mens-t-shirt-cotton.htm

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think for fashion, you have to be so created in your self. You can create your fashion if you are creative. Very nice post. As I did few designs for this site. www.clothingnbags.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts