Glider Makeover- Nursery Decor DIY

glider-makeover-title

Why are there so many things that we momma's convince ourselves that we don't need the first or second time we are pregnant? I swear we tell ourselves that we don't need to buy maternity clothes (or at least very many!), we don't need in between sized clothes, we don't need a good nursing bra or we don't need some other this or that. I am guilty of it. One of the things I have never had is a glider, so this time around, I decided to go for it!

Naturally I couldn't bring myself to buy a new one, so I found this gem on Craigslist for $20 (which is honestly more than I should have paid for it). But it worked and so I got to work.

cow-print-glider-makeover10

I cleaned it up and put a thin coat of primer on it. It was really windy that day and I think I lost half of the can of primer to the wind. Oops.

cow-print-glider-makeover9

I wanted to go kind of funky with this makeover so I picked up Ivy Leaf Krylon spray paint and started painting. You can tell I don't spray paint furniture often because I ran out of paint three times. THREE TIMES I went back to the store for another can of paint. But I reached my goal and three cans of paint later, it was a green glider.

cow-print-glider-makeover8

Then it was on to the cushions. The ones that came with the glider were disgusting. The foam was falling apart and not worth even recovering. I tossed them and we found a different, but pretty simple solution. I bought two large feather pillows at TJ Maxx on clearance for $15 each. Then I picked out my fabric and recovered them. I covered them the same way that I recovered this pillow, but on these I also sewed in ties to secure them to the chair.

cow-print-glider-makeover7

cow-print-glider-makeover6

cow-print-glider-makeover5

The bottom pillow ended up with two ties on the back to secure it and the backrest pillow has two ties on the top and two ties on the bottom to secure it.

cow-print-glider-makeover3

The feather cushions work perfectly and are so comfortable. I love how they fluff back up and stay looking nice. 

cow-print-glider-makeover4

cow-print-glider-makeover1

I am so happy with how it turned out! I can't wait to get some use out of it, but for now it sure looks great! The pony/cow print adds a lot of pattern and personality to the nursery. I'm so glad that I went with a non-traditional color and fabric for this area of the room!

You can find the final nursery reveal and other nursery project tutorials here!

cow-print-glider-makeover2

See other projects from this nursery below.




Comments

  1. Hey, it is not only a advertising ,but also a title of marketing research ;

    ICAN jeans supply all kinds of mens jeans for sale, the fashion style such as mens low rise boot cut jeans are made by 98%cotton+2%polyester, high quality and good workmanship made it the most appropriate to touch with skin directly.Find the best jeans including straight-fit jeans﹑relaxed﹑slim jeans.
    Wholesale colored – including black, white, khaki,, brown, green, blue, purple, yellow & carol.

    so,you can choose a good bootcut jeans and dressing yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm.... I wonder if I can replicate. I have the exact same glider, also purchased off of craigslist with a hopeless cushion situation. You make it look pretty easy though. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a quick question… did you sand the glider first at all? I have the same glider and I was wanting to do something similar, but didn't know if I had to sand the whole thing first or not…

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts