Let's Talk Hair

Let's Talk Hair- ONE little MOMMA's hair: front, side and back pics of her cut


Growing up I always had long hair. My Mom was way before her time when she braided and styled my hair everyday in elementary school. Pinterest has nothing on her.  She never let me wear my hair down to school because she didn’t want it in my face or in my way while I did my schoolwork. So naturally I always wanted to wear it down and undone and I never appreciated my braided crowns. I kept my long hair until almost two years ago when I chopped it off into an A-line bob. And I LOVED it. It is the the hair cut meant for me. Who knew I was a short haired kinda girl?

Last Christmas I decided to try and grow it out again, just to my shoulders- but after six months of growing, I was sick of it. So recently I chopped off the back again! My hair is the most commented on topic and the most pinned of anything on my blog so after reading this, I knew keeping it short and edgy was the right thing for me. I love having my hair short as a mom because it ensures that I style my hair everyday and I only have two or three options to choose from. Instead of having to pick my outfit AND how to do my hair, I have eliminated that choice.  I recently had a reader ask me to send her photos of my cut so I thought I may as well share them here too.

These are pics of my growing out stage. The back is slightly angled and the color is ombre from about my ears down.

long bob, ombre

long bob, ombre

long bob, ombre

long bob, ombre

Here are some pics of my most recent cut- quite a bit more dramatic. The back is stacked and I kept as much of the ombre as I could. The left side is also cut longer in the front than the right side for a slightly asymmetrical look.


short ombre hair, stacked

Short ombre hair

Asymetrical ombre bob


If you are wondering how else to style this short of a cut, you can find a few of my hair tutorials below. Each of these styles works great with this hair style or longer.

Headband curl how to

Comments

  1. I love your hair! So glad you did this post!
    ~Ellen
    www.everydayfancy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was brave enough to have short hair! Did it freak you out to cut it short the first time you did?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hair short!!! And you are so lucky to be able to wear it dark or blonde. You are beautiful inside and out. Glad I get to be your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - what a bold step, chopping it short! I am almost at the point where I"m ready to do that... but am still scared!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This might just be my favorite post you've done. Honestly I loved the way I looked at my wedding-- I had long long long platinum blonde hair. But then once I got pregnant it started falling out like crazy. It was a nightmare. So I cut it all off In a pixie and died it natural. I hated it. Thankfully after two years it all grew past my shoulders and its so healthy that I was able to go platinum
    Again. That's how I feel my best. And I've been trolling pinterest for short hair pics because I adore short hair now. I love yours so so much. I hate thinking you have to have long hair.. Short hair can be so nice and stylish too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kilee, I saw that you left a link and mentioned my post about showing off your best features - I'm so glad it inspired you to stick with your gorgeous short cut! I love how you style it, and the ombre works really well. I'd so love to be a short hair girl again but I haven't been for about 15 years(!) - too chicken now ;)

    As your hair is so pretty and you obviously take pride in it, I'd love for you to take part in a Facebook project where I'm asking women of all ages, shapes and sizes to show off their best features: The Accentuate the Positive Project - you simply upload a photo of your best feature to the wall and say why you love it so much. I believe we should all be proud to say what we love about ourselves and I hope this is a great way for women to do it! Hope to see you there - and please do spread the word! :)

    Catherine x
    NotDressedAsLamb.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday over at SugarBeeCrafts.com - you were featured today!! MOST VIEWED LINK :)
    --Mandy, Sugar Bee Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooohhhh myyy gooood i loooove ur hair soo much!!! ♥

    BUT how do u get that volume in ur hair? I have also short hair but i dont know how to get it like yours!! :-(
    Can you please help me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Thanks so much! I use a lot of volumizing products. I use this product in the shower twice a week.

      http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2257645&productId=xlsImpprod5220027&navAction=push&navCount=1&categoryId=cat190010?cmpid=PS_Non!google!Product_Listing_Ads&CAWELAID=1896201990&catargetid=1542185435&cadevice=c&cagpspn=pla

      I also use this product before I blow dry.

      http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2047878&productId=xlsImpprod4270017&navAction=push&navCount=1&categoryId=cat190008

      And this is my hair spray.

      http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2047840&productId=xlsImpprod4270009&navAction=push&navCount=1&categoryId=cat190008

      As you can see I'm a big believer in that line of product. I also do backcomb my roots a little bit after I flat iron my hair.

      I hope that helps!

      Kilee

      Delete
    2. Kilee, thank you soo much for answering!
      This helps a lot!
      What did you tell your hairdresser? Or do you know how he or she did your hair? My hair color is not really the way i like it :-/

      Delete
    3. Your welcome! I actually color my own hair so that is a hard one. You will need to have a hairdresser who is experienced with ombré coloring. I don't recommend doing it yourself- it really is pretty risky !

      Kilee

      Delete
    4. Kilee ... your my idol! I also want do it on my own but i don't know how i should do that :-(
      Honestly it would be awesome if you would do a tutorial! *_* Or give me some tips how you color your hair? :-) maybe it's your secret... then i'll have to accept that!

      Delete
  9. My mom was the same way. And I'm with you on the short hair. I've had my hair the same way for a few years now, growing it out a few times in between, but I always go back to my short a-line bob, complete with thick blonde highlights. I've had the most compliments on my hair when it's like this and I think, just like you, it's my signature style!! Right now though, I'm growing it out a little, then once it gets passed my shoulders I'll probably chop chop lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found your blog and love your hair! I do have a question as to how would you describe your hair? I have mine cut similar to yours, but can NOT get that much volume ever! I have tried the line of big sexy too. I think my hair is fine, but there is a LOT of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute hair! lol...i wear mine in a pixie so to me, yours is long!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your hair. I have the same cut and getting the ombre look in just a few days. I will never grow my hair out again I believe this cut is my soul hair:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts