What I Wore- Grey, Black and Wedge Sneakers

cropped cardigan, black tee, cropped jeans and wedge sneakers

cropped cardigan, black tee, cropped jeans and wedge sneakers

aviators and wedge sneakers paired with basics

aviators and wedge sneakers paired with basics
Top: Downeast Basics
Cami: Old Navy
Pants: GAP
Shoes: Target
Earrings: Forever 21
Sunnies: Sierra Trading Post

I've noticed myself moving away from the brighter colors lately and sticking to a palette of black, white, denim and gray. Throw in some Army green and I think I could be happy forever in a wardrobe made up of only those colors. I could say that I was going for a monochromatic outfit today by pairing this cardi and basic tee, but really this outfit was all about the shoes- it may be 90 degrees outside, but I am still taking any chance I get to wear them. I was just trying to match my shoes. 

 I wore this last week to a Summer movie with the kids and then to speak at youth night our church. My Mom and I, along with one other woman from church, were invited to sit as a panel of moms for the teenage age girls to ask questions to. We represented different stages in motherhood which was apparent when my mom picked me up and was dressed all cute in black pants, flat sandals, a bright tee and fun jewelry. Then there was me with my edgy hair, wedge sneakers and dressed in grey and black. The first thing she said was, "Well, we look like different kinds of moms don't we?" We laughed and the night went great. It was really fun to answer questions and give my perspective on being a mom of three at 27. I maintain that it is for sure the hardest thing I have ever done, but I am learning more from it than I would from anything else I could be doing with my life right now. It is making me a better person and certainly bringing me joy that can be had no other way. I am so grateful to a mom. Maybe even a cool mom. 

Linking up with The Pleated Poppy, Two Thirty-five Designs, Monday Mingle, and Sunday Style.




Comments

  1. So cute!
    xo Emma
    http://strollingthecityinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kimmie's comment! It's so true. Each week I see your posts and think- Oh she is so stinkin' cute!

    Come link up with me at Whatcha Wearing Wednesday! www.themummychronicles.com

    xo,
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Supa-dupa cute! Love the outfit and those wedge sneakers are crazy! Never seen 'em before now! ~Devin

    ReplyDelete
  4. those sneakers are ballin! i love them! and the pant length is great with them! super cute!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts