How to Wear 2014's Color of the Year: Radiant Orchid

Color is one of the only things in life that I am a perfectionist about. I cannot stand a poor color choice, and I won't buy something, no matter how nice it is, unless the color works for me. (This drives my husband crazy! Color is the LAST thing he considers.) Because I love color so much, I love finding out what Pantone's Color of the Year will be. I'm sure you have heard by now, but Pantone's color for 2014 is Radiant Orchid. It is a color that surprised a lot of people, and although I've already seen it showing up in stores, you might not have much in your closet yet. I thought it would be fun to suggest a few easy ways to start wearing Radiant Orchid this year. 


Radiant Orchid is similar to lavender, but as you can see in the image above, there are many shades of the color, which I think makes it much easier to wear. The first way that I have been wearing it is on my nails. This drugstore polish is a brighter shade of Radiant Orchid. I love the pop of color on my nails during this dreary month!

Wet 'n' Wild Megalast- 208B Through the Grapevine

Another fun way to wear this color is in your accessories. Our leather earrings from ONE little BELT are an awesome way to add some color and fun to more than one outfit. I wear mine all the time and get so many compliments.




I've compiled a selection of great Radiant Orchid pieces below. If you are feeling bold, go for the purple lip or the Converse. I usually stick to nude lips, but I could see myself trying out a purple shade this spring. If you are on the fence, stick with a scarf or a cute watch. 



This family of purple/orchid colors goes great with so many other fun colors. I think you could pair Radiant Orchid with coral, red, navy, white, mint green, teal, and yellow. It really is easier than you think to add this color, and you can find a shade that works for all complexions!

So what do you think of this year's color? Love it? Hate it? Meh?


Comments

  1. Those radiant orchid Converses are gorgeous!
    Now that I have one pair of your leather earrings, I want them in every color!
    www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how the earring pop out! question tho, are the firm or more on the floppy side? like when you wear them on a windy day are they all over the place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These Radiant Orchid earrings are suede and are the most flexible of any that we sell. They definitely bend and move and can be blown by the wind. Other colors are thicker and less flexible, but they are all super light weigh and bendable to some degree which is what makes them SO comfortable and amazing to wear.

      Delete
  3. Last fall I had an appt with a stylist/image consultant. It was like "what not to wear" (LOVE that show) without the snarky remarks :). She did an in-depth color analysis on me. Not the fall/winter/summer/spring, but a personalized color palette just for me. I came away with a "color fan" (looks like a paintchip fan but made of fabric) that fits in a glasses case with all of the colors that I should wear. It has revolutionized my wardrobe. At first, I was kinda skeptical cuz I wore alot of black and she said black really didn't look good on me....boo! But, the more I wore it after our meeting and the more I started wearing the colors she recommended......I noticed a huge difference. My skin looked better and my complexion looks brighter just by wearing the right colors! Amazing! So, I slowly started a closet purge (had a clothing swap party w/ my friends) and started buying things that were "my colors". A year later, I have a good wardrobe of things I actually wear & feel good about. And, its amazing how all of the colors work together. In the past, I might purchase a yellow top but had nothing else to wear it with. Now, all of my clothes coordinate so well together. I have alot less, but wear everything more! I also did a shopping trip with her where I tried on a ton a clothes and so she could help me see what I should be saying "yes" to and what didn't work. I learned if I try something on and don't say "I love it" first thing....I should pass. All that so say, I love radiant orchid and totally understand your color obsession. (I walk around stores with my color fan......nerd alert)! But, radiant orchid doesn't look good on me. In the past, I had several things in that color....but now I see that it isn't for me. So, that's just my experience. I wish I would have had those appts years sooner!
    Here's her website incase anybody is curious: http://www.stylewiseimage.com/
    Blessings!
    PS: I really wanna get some of your leather earrings.....everytime I see you wear them.....I love 'em!
    PSS: I'm pharmgal22 on IG....love your feed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this! What an amazing tool! I wonder what mine would say? Thank you for sharing!!

      Delete
  4. Love those earrings! Especially the antique brass ones. pretty, pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts