What I Wore - Hooded Fur Vest and Stripes


Fur, stripes and dark denim

Hooded vest and stripes

Hooded vest and stripes, dark denim and black ankle boots


Buckled ankle boots

Hooded fur vests are amazing
Vest: Forever 21
Shirt: GAP
Pants: Levi
Boots: Old Navy
Earrings and Watch: ONE little MOMMA

I'm sure you won't think it's a stretch when I say that fur is one of my favorite trends to come back in a long time. After we first got married, Soren wanted to buy me a really warm winter coat. I had never had a coat that cost more than $30 on sale, so my tech-gear savvy husband decided it was time to get something that would actually keep his new wife warm. He looked and looked for the right coat and I rejected and rejected all of the options he showed me. (That didn't go over well by the way!) I didn't know why at the time, but they all just looked very boring and so not worth the extra cost. Until he found a North Face parka with a giant line of fur along the hood. And that was all it took. The more fur, the better, I say. And I still wear that coat, seven years later! Because of the fur, I will always love it!

This year, fur will still be around and going strong. I expect to see colored fur making a splash and black fur on the rise as well. I've worn this vest in a more casual way before, but because it is fur, it goes great with dressier boots and dark denim too. I know it is so hard to find just the right fur vest right now (get with it retailers!) but pin fur vest inspo for later and you'll be glad you did!





Comments

  1. I just found your blog and I love it! So many good ideas I want to try. Your hair is adorable BTW!

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Go the faux fur! You look fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog on pinterest and I love your style! Love your vest and hair in this post, so cute!

    calicrest.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts