5 Trends To Keep Wearing This Year (and Next!)

5 Trends to Keep Wearing This Year- it's not too late to try these ones out!

I know everyone has their different opinion on trends and following them, but I happen to love them. I love spotting new trends, starting my own, forecasting trends, and of course styling them too. There are classic pieces that will never go out of style, but I love updating my wardrobe and trying new things. I don't think everyone should or needs to try every trend. I know I don't! But adding several trendy items to your wardrobe each season will really make your basics exciting. I will preach that your closet absolutely needs a balance between basics and on-trend pieces in order to have great style! 

Do trends frequently change? Yes, definitely. But I can't imagine only sticking with items that are timeless - how boring! And often, trends stick around and un-trend themselves into mainstream style for years at a time. In that case, your trendy pieces move into more of your basics category for the next few seasons. Today, I've got five items that have been around for a few seasons and that I predict will be around for a few more. If you find any of these items that you love at a great price, snatch them up for now and for next fall and winter. You will definitely get some use out of them!

5 Trends to Keep Wearing This Year- it's not too late to try these ones out!
1. Ankle Boots - Ankle boots have been around for several years, but they won't be going anywhere. If anything they are getting more interesting and fun to style! There are so many styles, from lace-up to pull-on, but boots with buckles and cut-outs will definitely be hitting hard this year. I'm loving the peep-toe ankle boots for spring too!

5 Trends to Keep Wearing This Year- it's not too late to try these ones out!
2. Oversized Cardigans and Kimonos - This trend is not my husband's favorite, but I think it is one of mine. There is no denying the comfort factor of these cardigans, but they look great too. I would love to find the right lighter weight one for spring/summer, but be on the lookout for heavier ones on clearance. They will work great through the cold spells of spring and then you can pull them back out in the fall.


5 Trends to Keep Wearing This Year- it's not too late to try these ones out!
3. Faux Fur - You know how much I love fur, but don't worry about it disappearing next year. It will be back again in more colors and accessories. If you find the right fur vest or scarf, be sure to grab it. You can even wear it with the right tee this spring.

5 Trends to Keep Wearing This Year- it's not too late to try these ones out!
4. Leopard - Leopard is the print that just won't quit. I still love, love, love it. Leopard is getting bolder and showing up on more than just accessories now. Be on the lookout for a leopard cardigan or even the right leopard coat. And keep your leopard flats in rotation - they are still the perfect neutral flat!

5 Trends to Keep Wearing This Year- it's not too late to try these ones out!

5. Leather Jackets/Leather Everything - Leather had a big year last year and it is sticking around. There are so many ways to incorporate it, but a leather moto jacket has become trendy this year. This type of jacket will go a long way for seasons to come, even if it isn't exactly a moto jacket.

5 Trends to Keep Wearing This Year- it's not too late to try these ones out!

There are items in my wardrobe that I will always love, whether they are on trend or not. Items like my denim jacket or the perfect striped tee will be sticking around as my classics, but style is so much more fun if you are open to new things! Consider adding one or more of these trends to your closet this year and see where it takes ya.

How do you feel about fashion trends? Have you been wearing any of these trends? If not are you wanting to try any of them?

Comments

  1. i love that leather jacket. i've been searching for one i want all winter and still haven't taken the plunge!!! and i am totally on board with boyfriend cardis. love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are my favorite type of posts because I love getting all these new ideas for outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ALL of these trends, and I'm glad they are here to stay. Thanks for the great outfit inspiration, too... I love your style.

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got a boyfriend cardigan and a pair of leopard flats. First leopard piece ever! Great post, good information!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress is well cut and put together solidly. I will say that it is not the best quality of material, but it does not look cheap. Great purchase and price point, so I would buy again!
    Coach bags

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a fur vest, but the back is solid fabric. Would it look alright with a skirt like the pic above?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts