Where To Shop From a Thrifty Style Blogger

Where to shop from a thrifty style blogger- list of stores and what to look for to find the right thing at the right price.

I have always loved to shop; I think most of us women do. In high school, I spent all of my extra money doing it, and I'll still pick shopping over most things if I get free time. Growing up, we didn't have a lot of extra money. I started thrifting when I was in junior high because I realized it was a way to stretch what spending money I did have, and as a bonus, it was also a way to find really unique and cool items for my wardrobe. Now that I am married and work a little from home, I do have a more money to spend on clothing, shoes, or accessories, but my thrifty habits have carried over. I am a style blogger who loves to thrift but also is just thrifty with how I spend. Read on to find out where I shop. I think you'll find I don't spend a lot or shop at places that are very different from you.

Where to shop from a thrifty style blogger- list of stores and what to look for to find the right thing at the right price.

Savers
Savers thrift store is where I shop the most. I shop at the one closest to my home and I stop in every other week. There are several reasons why I shop at Savers over other thrift stores in my area. One is that they are open until 9 pm, which makes it easy to stop in after the kids are in bed if I want to get out of the house. They also carry really nice items. They are expensive for a thrift store standards, but I never shop there without donating something on my way in and getting a coupon. You get a 20% off coupon every time you donate. I also am a Club Member, which means I get 25% off every Tuesday and special emails about sales. About 4-5 holidays a year, all clothing and shoes in the store are 50% off. Those are my favorite days to shop. I shop for myself, my husband, and my kids there.  I love that I never know what I will find, and it will always be unique. You can read my tips for shopping at thrift stores here and here.


Where to shop from a thrifty style blogger- list of stores and what to look for to find the right thing at the right price.


All from Savers

Where to shop from a thrifty style blogger- list of stores and what to look for to find the right thing at the right price.
All from Savers

Target
As a mom, I often shop at the stores that are closest to me out of convenience. Target and TJ Maxx both fit that bill. I am not a crazy Target shopper. I probably go there once a month, and while I'm there I will check the shoe, accessories, and clothing clearance. I know how often things go on sale at Target, so I almost never buy things full price. Target is a place for me to pick up a cute basic sweater or a new scarf on sale. They also have on trend or ahead of the trend boots and shoes for a good price. If you are looking for a shoe knock-off then Target is the place. I love checking out their hats as well. This year, I bought almost everything for our family photos at Target. It was an inexpensive way to find coordinating items that were on trend. I always use my Red Debit card and my Cartwheel app when I shop.

Where to shop from a thrifty style blogger- list of stores and what to look for to find the right thing at the right price.

Where to shop from a thrifty style blogger- list of stores and what to look for to find the right thing at the right price.
Sweater: Target
Pants: TJ Maxx
Shoes: Target

TJ Maxx
TJ Maxx is another local store that I frequent once a month. I love their on trend selection and prices. I usually shop the sale rack, but even the full price items are affordable. My favorite items to buy there are black ponte knit pants, trendy blouses and Lucky Brand denim. Their shoe department is also really fun to shop. The shoes are good quality but often still expensive. I will buy them on clearance for the right price. My world changed when I recently found that you can shop TJ Maxx online. I was able to find the strappy flats below and my camo pants both online when my store didn't have my size. I have been really impressed with their online selection.

Where to shop from a thrifty style blogger- list of stores and what to look for to find the right thing at the right price.
Tee: Everlane
Pants: TJ Maxx

Where to shop from a thrifty style blogger- list of stores and what to look for to find the right thing at the right price.



Pants: Lucky Brand (TJ Maxx)
Shoes: TJ Maxx


Forever 21
When I am at the mall, I will always go into Forever 21. I also shop them online. I love their cheap and edgy jewelry, their hats, and their enormous selection of on trend clothing for the right price. You can find any trend there. You do have to be wary of things that are too trendy - there are many ways to go wrong. And usually you have to go up a size or two because honestly, their clothes aren't sized for women. BUT I can always find interesting and fun pieces to add to my wardrobe for at least one season. The quality is low, but you can't beat the prices. The ability to find the right look for the right price makes this one of my favorite stores.

Where to shop from a thrifty style blogger- list of stores and what to look for to find the right thing at the right price.
Sweater: F21
Shirt: F21
Pants: GAP
Shoes: Target

GAP
I have shopped at GAP for longer than I can remember. While some seasons I love their collections more than others, I will always hit up the sale rack. I love when there is an extra 30% off of sale prices, and I also buy their jeans frequently. I have a GAP credit card that earns rewards so I will always use it to pay when I buy from GAP or Old Navy and the rewards do add up.

Where to shop from a thrifty style blogger- list of stores and what to look for to find the right thing at the right price.
Sweater: Old Navy
Scarf: Just Dawnelle
Pants: GAP
Shoes: Thrifted

Old Navy is another place I always stop in while at the mall. It always has good sales, and I will buy basics like cardigans, sweaters, flip flops, sandals and long shorts there. I never buy their jeans unless I am pregnant. I do shop their maternity section often when I am expecting.

Instagram
Instagram shopping is something that I have started doing in the last year. I have found some amazing things, but it is hit or miss. I do have a separate IG account for selling and shopping on IG so that I can follow shops that I like on that account rather than clog my personal feed. I started shopping on Instagram just by searching the hashtag #shopmycloset. You will get thousands of results, but the first ones are the newest items listed. I just browse for pictures that look good or look like my style, and then I will click over to that shop. It is pretty easy to spot the good items and the nicer shops. It is a little addictive at first because you can do it anytime, anywhere. All it takes to purchase something is to leave your Paypal email. You can also make offers and sometimes get a lower price by a dollar or two or order multiple items for a discount.


Where to shop from a thrifty style blogger- list of stores and what to look for to find the right thing at the right price.
Shirt: Thrifted
Skirt: Thrifted
Bag: Garage Sale
Shoes: IG shop

The Rack is pretty far from where we live, but I would love to shop there more often. I love to buy shoes for myself and my kids there. I have also found a few shirts and blouses there for great prices. My husband often has good luck there as well.

I haven't shopped a lot on Zulily, but I recently purchased two pairs of shoes there that I love. Once you order an item ,you get free shipping on any other order you place that week, so that's nice. They will sometimes have brands like TOMs for sale, and that is when I purchase from them. I don't look at their site often because there are so many things to look at. I don't find it shopper friendly and there are more ways to go wrong than right with what they have to offer.

eBay
While I love affordable items, there are some things that are just such high quality that they are worth it. For example, I own several pairs of Frye boots because they are amazing. If I am looking for something that is expensive and high quality, I'll scour eBay for them for a few weeks. High quality items are great to buy second hand because they still have a lot of life left in them.

Sierra Trading Post
This is one of my husband's favorite places to shop, and I browse there occasionally too. They often have high end shoes, boots, and coats for a great price. You can find almost anything and usually use a coupon too.

Downeast Basics
I buy most of my basic white under-tees here. Unfortunately, I feel like the sizing changes all the time, but they are the cheapest long under-tanks and under-tees that I have found.

Jane.com
I don't subscribe to a lot of deal sites because it makes it too easy to shop from my phone, but I do love Very Jane. I'll order trendy items from them if I know it is a good deal.

Brickyard Buffalo
This is another of my favorite deal sites. You can always find something you love, and the girls that run it are so talented. I've ordered clothing, accessories, and home items from them. Often the best stuff sells out, so following them on IG is a great way to stay updated.

6pm
I mostly shop here for my boys' shoes, but I'll look for myself sometimes too. You can find running shoes and a lot of other items for a great deal.

Amazon
If I am looking for a really generic item, I will check Amazon. I was looking for a leopard scarf last year and searched Amazon on a whim. I found one from China for only $2 shipped! It's usually worth a try. I buy beauty products from Amazon frequently because of Amazon Prime.

MY OWN CLOSET
If I have an item in mind that I want but can't find, I often make it or alter something that is similar. I make graphic tees all the time out of old tees that I don't wear anymore. I also thrift skirts that are too large and take them in. I cut the bottoms off my jeans if they are too long and I want a raw edge. Recently, I have tried my hand at distressing jeans and tearing intentional holes in them. I've sewn the ends of a fur stole together to make a fur scarf. I don't let what the stores are selling stop me from getting the look that I want, and sometimes that means making it myself. 

Where to shop from a thrifty style blogger- list of stores and what to look for to find the right thing at the right price.
Shirt: Made by me
Pants: Thrifted
Shoes: Thrifted

Obviously, I shop at more stores than these, but these are all my go-to places. I don't let where something is sold matter as much as it being the right thing. Recently, I bought a black baseball cap at Michaels craft store because it was less than $2 and it looked exactly like what I wanted. I always have my eye out when I shop anywhere. You never know when you will find just the right thing at a garage sale, the grocery store, or even Walmart.

What stores do you love to find a good deal at? I'd love to hear where you shop! 

Comments

  1. How did you make that shirt! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're fantastic! Thanks for the tips. Now I just need to put my lil guy to bed and get thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to go into TJMaxx occasionally, but honestly I'm still too cheap for most of their prices. My favorite place to go, other than thrift stores and Goodwill, is Ross Dress For Less. It's similar to TJMaxx with perhaps fewer name brands but good-quality clothing for better prices. It's my go-to store for dresses. They have an amazing selection of dresses year round! Their shoes aren't half-bad, either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a store here that is an outlet from Costco! Random, but it has some great stuff! One of my go to spots for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I think I'll be up all night cursing some of those sites. It's hard to find amazing ontrend stuff cheaply here in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had NO idea that TJ Maxx offered online shopping! That's great to know. Also, we seem to have similar body types, but everything you wear fits you perrrrrfectly. I wish I could take you along with me while I shop so you could help me figure out how to get things that FIT! I swear I have a wardrobe chock-full of ill-fitting clothes
    :(

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice information. I have read those information which you mentioned here. It's very useful for those who are looking for ways to earn money online. I am doing reselling business to earn money .Reseller is nothing but getting product from someone fixing high rate for those products and then earning money by getting commission from them. To do this we must have a reseller account .I got a reseller account from . making money on ebay here they provide basic and pro reseller plans. I chosen basic reseller plan using which i bought domain names, website builder service, web designing services and so on. After that i fixed high rate for those services and sold them .I earn quick cash through this business. According to me reseller business is one of the best way to make money online.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow.... I really like reading this blog, The pictures are really very nice mentioned in this blog. Thanks a lot for sharing.

    http://deals4opticals.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these boots; I even wore them in the house in place of slippers. My only drawback is that I suffer from too small of a closet to support my growing collection!
    Coach shoes

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is incredible, thanks for the sharing excellent post and read it everyone. Fenttiman London

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great information. Thanks for providing us such a useful information. Keep up the good work and continue providing us more quality information from time to time. Online Shopping Mall

    ReplyDelete
  13. When i quickly found, however, that will many times, you should buy a number of solution or subscribe to a number of assistance, in addition to fundamentally spend cash for making dollars. This will not carry out. free money system

    ReplyDelete
  14. You can always find something you love, and the girls that run it are so talented. I've ordered clothing, accessories, and home items from them. tour packages to spain

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tremendous Tips!!! Nice Clicks. Thanks for it.http://goo.gl/W2ZMvC

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts