Update Your Closet- Spring Essentials



It took me a long time to realize that a great wardrobe is full of a lot of basics. I wear my basics day in and day out by pairing them with trendy and seasonal items. I'm planning on doing a series about what my basics are in the next few weeks but, because I've been updating my Spring wardrobe lately with some fresh pieces and thought I'd share those today.




1. Dark Skinny Denim- The specific pair I have linked above is my favorite pair of jeans right now. I love that they can be cuffed to be cropped and have a slim super dark wash. A pair of skinny, super dark cropped or cuffed jeans will update so many other things in your wardrobe.

2. Palazzo Pant- I have had mixed feelings about this pant style. Until I found a neutral printed pair at Target last week, I was against them. The crazy and bright prints are not me, but I love the pair I purchased. They are so lightweight and comfortable.

3. Denim Jacket- I will always love my denim jacket, but this year they are definitely still on trend. You could also swap it out for a denim vest- the application is the same. 

4. Red and White Striped Tee- I love this classic yet updated take on a striped tee. I actually have a coral striped tee and it goes with everything. I really think it may be as versatile as a black and white stripe.

5.  Straw Fedora- Fedoras are my favorite kind of hat. Often in the Spring and Summer it gets too hot to wear a scarf or other layers so I will add interest to my outfit with a hat. 

6. White Graphic Tee- I found this graphic tee at Target as well. I love the bold and simple text. This tee will layer well and mix with everything I own. 

I love that all of the ideas above really will mix and match with each other. They will also work well with other basics you already have. 

What have you purchased lately to update your Spring wardrobe? What's on your wishlist?

Comments

  1. I think I could wear chambray every day, all day! It pairs well with everything.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts