What I Wore - Stripes and Converse

Striped fitted tunic, denim jacket, black pants and Converse

Striped fitted tunic, denim jacket, black pants and Converse

Striped fitted tunic, denim jacket, black pants and Converse

Striped fitted tunic, denim jacket, black pants and Converse

Striped fitted tunic, denim jacket, black pants and Converse

Welcome to Neutral City! Apparently neutrals are all you get around here! Several of you requested that I show more color mixing in my outfits and as I prepped this week's posts, I realized how little color I'm actually giving you guys! The neutrals have kind of taken over, so I will try to incorporate more color in the next few weeks and months. I do love colors and pairing colors together, but sometimes I forget to wear them! I am naturally drawn to a quirky mix of neutrals, and bright colors aren't what I reach for. That being said, there are lots of ways to wear color without it being bright or loud or too... colorful? You know what I mean.

As for this outfit, I really love the width and crispness of the stripes on this top. I do not, however, love how tight and stretchy it is. As I attempted to style this fitted tunic, I felt like a denim jacket was a necessary addition to keep things covered. The concept works - medium width black and white stripes, black ponte knit pants, navy Converse and a denim jacket, but I would opt for a less fitted top next time. My favorite part of the outfit is how well our Black Cut-Out Leather Earrings also work with stripes. They almost mimic each other, and I love it.

What colors are you wearing right now? What colors would you like to see styled more?


Outfit details:
Jacket: Thrifted (A&F)
Tunic: c/o To Adorn
Pants: c/o Boden
Shoes: Thrifted (Converse)

I've included a few different jean jacket and tunic options below.


Comments

  1. Love the mix of neutrals! You could always add color with a bright tank under the tunic, or maybe a belt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just looking at the outfit thinking it needs some color and then I saw you address that thought in your paragraph above haha. You could always add a colorful pair of converse as a pop of color. I just bought a mint colored pair and I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute look! Everything looks so comfortable and coordinated! Loving the cropped denim jacket.

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look. I wear a lot of black and white. I'm gonna have to add a jean jacket.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts