How To Distress Jeans - White Denim

How to distress white denim- easy tutorial for modest distressed jeans

I recently found myself with a pair of white jeans that fit a little too tightly, so I hadn't been wearing them. I realized that my favorite pair of distressed blue jeans also fit a little snug, but because the knees are split open, I can still move in them. Lightbulb! That was the answer to those white jeans that I wasn't wearing - I just needed to cut them up a bit and they would work perfectly!

While I love distressed denim, I am not a fan of shredded denim all the way up the thigh. I like to keep things covered, so when I distress jeans, I like to rip open the knees and then add a few small distressed areas above the knee that are not see-through. To distress these white jeans, I started with my favorite pair of blue jeans and copied them. 

How to distress white denim- easy tutorial for modest distressed jeans

First off, you can see that my white denim jeans are quite a bit longer than the blue jeans. I started by cutting them off into cropped denim. I like the raw edge, and in the summer, I prefer cropped skinny jeans to long ones.

How to distress white denim- easy tutorial for modest distressed jeans

The only trick with cutting off the ankles is that you should cut the front a little shorter than the back. Because of the knee holes, the front will hang longer if you don't adjust for the extra length that the hole adds. Cut just above the ankle and then try the pants on. You want them to fit right at the ankle or a little above.

How to distress white denim- easy tutorial for modest distressed jeans

Next, you will cut open the knee holes. If you don't have a pair of jeans to copy, make a mark at the knee while you have your pants on. You don't want to place the hole too high or too low. Take a serrated knife and saw along the knee to create a horizontal cut. The serrated knife will make sure it isn't too clean, but you do want a long slice across the knee. Once it is open, use your hands to pull and rip the hole all the way across the front of the pant.

How to distress white denim- easy tutorial for modest distressed jeans

You can also use the serrated knife to scrape the denim perpendicular to the cut you just made. This will rough up the fibers around the hole and create more of a natural looking distressed look.

How to distress white denim- easy tutorial for modest distressed jeans

Next, I wanted to create some distressed patches above the knee. I made one on the near the top of the front pocket on the right leg and one at the top of the thigh on the other side. The trick for distressing without having a gaping hole is to use a razor blade and to cut two horizontal parallel lines in your denim about an inch apart. Then you take tweezers and pull the vertical fibers between the two cuts out one by one. This leaves the horizontal fibers in place, which provide the coverage.

How to distress white denim- easy tutorial for modest distressed jeans

You can see below how the fibers that need to be pulled out are the vertical ones. This can be a little tedious, but the more careful you are, the better the result.

How to distress white denim- easy tutorial for modest distressed jeans

And that is it! You can keep roughing up patches and pulling fibers until you get the look you want. Washing and drying your jeans will finish the raw edges - you will just have to trim off the strings that come out. Practice makes perfect when it comes to distressing, so feel free to try these techniques on any other old jeans before you start on your favorite pair.

How to distress white denim- easy tutorial for modest distressed jeans
Outfit details here

Have you ever tried distressing denim? What are your favorite tips and tricks?


Comments

  1. Loved the distressed jeans! They look great! I agree I don't like the jeans too distressed at the thighs either the knees are perfect for me! Haha.

    I am having a fashion party link up. I would love if you'd come join!!

    Happy Tuesday Pretty Girl!!

    www.iwouldsorockthis.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's those shoes again! They remind me so much of the white, leather sandals we wore growing up in the 80s. Wait...you all grew up in the 80s right? Or did I just reveal how old I am to everyone?! Oh well, I love the updated version. And I just may attempt to distress some jeans now. You made it look pretty easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By distressing the jeans making up new design is really worth effort to my view and I'm not going to give it a try. Thanks

    Men’s jeans

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Swedish pants called "Nudie Jeans" are the most sweltering style of denim jeans to wear nowadays for both men and ladies. They are prewashed pants that are like what individuals allude pants. A standout amongst the Some jeans most well known styles at this time are the thin pants tight legged pants that embrace your legs as you walk [Read More]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carpenter jeans are among the most popular styles of mens jeans. These relaxed favorites come in a variety of different shades. A carpenter jean features a variety of large pockets and loops, traditionally used for storing tools and supplies. While some men still enjoy reserving carpenter jeans for work projects, the majority of men enjoy wearing carpenter jeans casually with a button-up short or long-sleeved shirt, nice polo shirt, or hooded sweatshirt. Jeans

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did like that kind of thing. Helped your article and this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX9nMCmN1wc. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOW TO GET YOUR EX BACK═══►Best online spell caster Reviews??
    I'm a citizen of UK, I'm so excited my husband is back after a break up.. When my husband broke up with me i was so frustrated and i could not know what next to do again, i love my husband so much but he was cheating on me with another woman and this makes him break up with me so that he can be able to get marry to the other lady and this lady i think use witchcraft on my husband to make him hate me and my kids and this was so critical and uncalled-for,I cry all day and night for God to send me a helper to get back my man until i went to London to see a friend and who was having the same problem with me but she latter got her Husband back and i asked her how she was able to get her husband back and she told me that their was a powerful spell caster called Dr.Unity that he help with love spell in getting back lost lover back, and i decided to contact the same Dr.Unity and he told me what is needed to be done for me to have my man back and i did it although i doubted it but i did it and the Dr told me that i will get the result after 28hours, and he told me that my husband was going to call me by 9pm in my time and i still doubted his word, to my surprise my husband really called me and told me that he miss me so much, Oh My God! i was so happy, and today i am happy with my man again and we are joyfully living together as one good family and i thank the powerful spell caster Dr.Unity of Unityspelltemple@gmail.com, he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that good spell casters still exist and Dr.Unity is one of the good spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are there and your lover is turning you down, or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster Dr.Unity on his email: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com or call him on +2348072370762..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing tips available in this blog. Thanks for sharing. You look amazing though!!
    mens ripped blue jeans

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts