Sunday Style - White Pleats and Chambray

Chambray shirt, white pleated skirt, and caged tan sandals

Chambray shirt, white pleated skirt, and caged tan sandals

gold leather earrings, short ombre hair

Chambray shirt, white pleated skirt, and caged tan sandals

This week, I've been feeling overwhelmingly blessed and excited for the future. Having battled depression, an eating disorder, and a rough first 5-6 years of our marriage, it feels really foreign to be feeling SO darn hopeful! It's not necessarily because anything amazing happened or because I have evidence on paper - in fact, it's neither of those things. Our bank accounts look pretty scary, my to-do list feels like it just keeps growing, and we have no guarantee of success in our current ventures - yet I still have so much hope. I heard the song Glorious Unfolding the other day on the radio and I felt like "Yes! That is what I believe in! That is why I feel so happy right now." I just keep putting my trust in God every day and handing over to Him the stress that I'm shouldering, and things keep working out. He really is taking care of us, and I'm so excited to see how things unfold and where they take us.

What song has inspired you lately?

// Outfit Details //
Shirt - J Crew (similar, similar)
Skirt - Thrifted vintage (similar, similar)
Shoes - Zulily (similar, similar)
Cuff, Earrings - Nickel & Suede



Comments

  1. Cute outfit! So glad you are in a good place! I LOVE that song by SCC too! It's been on repeat round here.....speaks to my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit on you - the skirt is beautiful. I'm happy to hear you're feeling great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are feeling good about life, despite of various stresses. Having hope is just such a gift, isn't it? I have a feeling your life will just keep getting better and better. Hang in there! And you are gorgeous, so you have that going for you. Hugs from Wyoming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freaking out because I wore my chambray tied like that with my tulle skirt and nobody said anything to me about it all day but you look adorable so I couldn't have looked too bad. Love this look on you. My family is also supported by a small family owned business and some days the future seems very uncertain. I love the song Light up the sky by The Afters. Check out their music video on YouTube it's really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad no one said anything! It sounds perfect!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love your blog so much. Also, thank you for being so real on your blog. Your honesty is refreshing.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops, sorry. Having trouble posting comments. Kilee, I don't know your story. But I have struggled with some of the same things. For me, I think my anxiety and depression are partly rooted in my birth story (my triplet sisters and I were born prematurely, addicted to drugs, and given up for adoption). We were adopted by a Christian family. God is good! But there have also been other factors that have contributed to my battles with fear and insecurity (abuse; my adoptive dad battling cancer for years; my adoptive brother's drug addiction). I don't want this to come out wrong or to be nosy, but I know from experience that anxiety like that has deep roots, and can stem from something specific. I believe that in his perfect timing (timing is everything) God is bringing you to new levels of freedom and healing; and I believe that he redeems and brings life out of our hurts and struggles. He uses everything for good, and nothing is wasted with God. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven can't heal. You truly are beautiful, inside and out. The thing that struck me about you when I first came across your blog was your smile. It's perfect. You have the most beautiful, kind eyes too. :-) Bless you.
    -CeCe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts