What I Wore - Kimono and Espadrilles


Printed kimono, dark denim and navy lace at the ankle wedges

Printed kimono, dark denim and navy lace at the ankle wedges

Printed kimono, dark denim and navy lace at the ankle wedges


Printed kimono, dark denim and navy lace at the ankle wedges

Printed kimono, dark denim and navy lace at the ankle wedges

Well I'm in. ALL in. This kimono trend is the best thing that has happened to my summer. I was suspicious at first. You know I love all things southwestern and not really those from the Far East, but when this navy kimono arrived with my Stitch Fix last week, I about fell over. I don't get obsessed easily, but this beauty is just what my summer needs. It is so lightweight and drapey, and it lets me layer (!!!) in the summer without getting hot. This is the warm weather version of my Aztec cardigan that I wear non-stop in the winter (or in the AC). I need to add a few more to my closet ASAP.

...and in case you were wondering. Since my first post about them, I have tried Stitch Fix several more times - mostly because it's kind of fun and also because I have some credit with them. It has been hit or miss. Some fixes have been great and I love all of the items and others - like this last one - I only kept one thing. I think the key is communication with your stylist about exactly what you are looking for and what you like. This last time, I forgot to mention that didn't want any sleeveless tops, so I got a box full of tanks for summer (which makes sense!). If you don't have time to shop, don't enjoy shopping, or have a hard time knowing what to buy, I think it's a great service. (If you can afford it.)

Have you tried the kimono trend? Thoughts?

// Outfit Details //
Shirt - Hanes Men's V-Neck
Kimono - Stitch Fix
Jeans - TJ Maxx (similar, similar)
Shoes - Thritfted (Steve Madden) (similar)
Sunnies - Dress Barn c/o
Earrings - Nickel & Suede




Oh and see the winner of last week's OLB giveaway here!

Comments

  1. I love this look on you and the colors in the kimono are beautiful! I got my second stitch fix box last week and it was full of tanks too...not for me either; I get too cold. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely ADORE this look. Such a fresh spin on a retro style!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may be one of my favorite outfits you've ever posted. I love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!! This looks adorable on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing outfit! Would you mind sharing the brand of your kimono top?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This might be the most gorgeous Kimino I've seen yet. I know it's from stitch fix but does it have a brand name in it!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this outfit! Would you mind sharing the brand of the jeans? I love the wash and the fraying at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jeans are Lucky brand and I cut them off to have cropped, frayed look.

      Delete
  8. You have one of my favorite blogs. Your looks are so relatable, your business is inspiring and your kids are adorable. This is also an adorable outfit. Love it.

    aubreenoelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I JUST posted a kimono pic on my blog today - I FINALLY found one I LOVED!!! I can easily see layering my kimono with a chambray shirt come fall! I LOVE that you styled your with turquoise jewelry and I am TOTES on the same page as you re far eastern style - NOT what I was looking for either

    ReplyDelete
  10. This kimono is so pretty! I love how casual yet chic this outfit is! I haven't jumped on the kimono trend yet, but everyone look so great in their kimonos that I might cave soon.

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love everything about your outfit! That kimono is so pretty, it has a great patten and colours! I'm visiting from the WIWW link-up:)
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts