What I Wore - Stripes and Slip On Sneaks


Striped tee, tie dyed denim and black slip on sneakers

Striped tee, tie dyed denim and black slip on sneakers

Striped tee, tie dyed denim and black slip on sneakers

Striped tee, tie dyed denim and black slip on sneakers

Striped tee, tie dyed denim and black slip on sneakers

Striped tee, tie dyed denim and black slip on sneakers

Do you ever have those days where you feel like everything is going right? Not like a day where every lucky and amazing surprise happened (although those days are fun too!), but one where you felt like you had just nailed it. Yesterday was one of those days and it was just so refreshing. It was a day where it felt like I was prepared and on schedule and my priorities were straight. Even though I didn't get a blog post up, and I was accidentally late to volunteering at Easton's school, I still felt on track. Like my insides were pointed the right direction, so my day couldn't really be derailed. 

Lately life has been moving so quickly. We are constantly up to our elbows in orders to get out, emails to answer, elementary school papers, and events to plan or attend. I've really felt stretched thin and like I'm just hanging on day-to-day. It's hard and totally unsustainable for me. This week, I've decided to try some new habits, and although I'm only a few days in, I can already feel a difference. I know the key to a real difference is sticking with them, but I'm just so grateful that the right things can offer even a little immediate relief. My news habits include a gratitude journal at night before bed (listing three things I'm grateful for), more consistent prayers morning and night, and scripture study in the morning before I get my day started. Because I haven't done these things in so long, I can really tell they are making my day smoother, happier, and more productive. It's so welcome right now. In fact, maybe my new "habits" will make the gratitude list for tonight.

What habits have you been trying to start lately? Or maybe you already have one that makes a big difference in your day?



// Outfit Details //
Me -
Shirt - GAP (similar)
Jeans - Thrifted (American Eagle)
Shoes - GAP (on sale today!)
Backpack - Everlane
Earrings - Nickel & Suede

Knox-
Shirt - Target
Jeans - Old Navy
Shoes - Stride Rite
Belt - ONE little BELT

Comments

  1. I LOVE the idea of a gratitude journal. I think this may be something I'm going to start doing!! And those pants?! To die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both my girls are in school full time. So, in order to make mornings run smoothly I need to get as much prepared the night before. Sometimes its hard, I'm tired after working all day, cooking dinner and getting through all the homework. But, its a must! I must get the coffee ready, lunches packed and backpacks ready for the next morning. I also prep as much as possible for the week on Sunday. We get all their clothes for the entire week picked out on Sunday evening, so we don't even have to think about it each night. So, I've made it a habit. I don't stop until all those things are done. It makes our mornings so much smoother. Its s a relief to have them done when we are goin' and a blowin' in the mornings. BTW...just received my first pair of earrings from N&S....LOVE! I plan to get more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Those shoes are fantastic!! And good job being better at scripture study and prayer. They really do help us put our day into perspective :) you're such a cute momma! ;)
    Lindsay @ Country Girl Home Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the motivation. I love the idea of the gratitude journal and will be joining with you tonight. The habit I have been working on is to get ready for the day. It is amazing how much better you feel and your day goes with a shower, styled hair, and change out of the sweats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit! Those pants are so good - I've never tried AE jeans before - how do you find they fit compared to Lucky Brand or Gap? I may or may not have found some on eBay :) I'm so glad I found your blog and your store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They usually fit in the small side. I'm usually between two sizes and these are the bigger of the two I waffle between.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts