Finding Balance Includes Me Time

Thanks to JCP: Liz Claiborne for sponsoring today's style post. As always, styling and opinions are all my own.
Navy cardigan, chambray shirt, white jeans

Navy cardigan, chambray shirt, white jeans


Navy cardigan, chambray shirt, white jeans

Shawl-Collar Cardigan - Liz Claiborne, Blue Stretch Bracelet - Liz Claiborne 

Lace tee, navy cardigan, black pencil skirt

Lace tee, navy cardigan, black pencil skirt

Lace tee, navy cardigan, black pencil skirt
Shawl-Collar Cardigan - Liz Claiborne, Essential Pencil Skirt - Liz Claiborne, Jet Black Cluster Stretch Bracelet - Liz Claiborne

A few months ago, I was reading in Inc Magazine (my husband subscribed me) about start up businesses. The article mentioned that one problem that many start ups face in their second quarter is burn out. Entrepreneurs and their employees typically work crazy hours, are crazy stressed, and end up going crazy. Wait - was I talking about myself? If you've been around this summer, you know how awesome and busy it has been with starting our business, but if you know me well, you know I crave order. The chaotic, messy business of life right now has been a hard adjustment, and now that we are four months in, I'm working hard on creating some balance. People say it doesn't exist, but I think it's worth trying for because at least we'll get a little closer to it. 

I already know that I work enough and I spend a lot of hours taking care of my kids, but I don't often take time to get out of the house myself - whether that is to exercise, visit with friends, or have a girls' night. (I'm sure I had this problem before I started my business too...) I find myself wearing and even craving cute lounge clothes and warm slippers rather than getting dressed to go out. I am all about cute lounge clothes as a WAHM, but there is something confidence-building about dressing up every so often too. It's a balance, right? 

Both of today's outfits style classic pieces from the Liz Claiborne Fall Collection, and they push me out of my current work-from-home lifestyle. I love basics, and these are pieces that I can style easily and use to create a lot of different looks. The chambray shirt, white denim, heather indigo cardigan, and wedges are perfect for fall, whether I'm grabbing lunch with a girlfriend or spending some alone time shopping. Ankle boots and layers are a great way to bring white denim into fall, and turquoise is always my go-to color pop.

I love a pencil skirt as long as it's not every day, so the second outfit would be great for a nice date out with the hubby. A lace tee, cardigan, and pencil skirt are dressy, but not too much for me. Adding a bracelet, earrings, and a clutch (not a diaper bag) complete the date night look. It might take some convincing on my part, but I'd love to get Soren to come with me to the ballet or a play this fall. Neither of us get enough time out alone, and we certainly never dress up this much for dates. I kinda love the idea of stepping outside of that box. 

What do you do when you get some alone time? How do you try to create balance in your life?


Comments

  1. love both looks! my business has just started to get busier, so I totally appreciate your keeping it real and I totally understand that you need to take time for yourself! Take care of your self!

    ps....wearing my black nickel and suede earrings today...they are my go to pair! :)
    jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great Kilee. I really love the second look.
    Carson does a once-a-month sleepover at Grandma's. It's something we all look forward to. They'll take Wesley for a few hours while Steve and I go on a date. And with Wesley turning one in November, they're going to attempt to take him overnight as well.
    We usually just go to dinner. Or sometimes even run errands kid-free.
    Your post has motivated me to step things up for date night. It is fun to dress up a bit and make it special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I are business owners too. We are blessed to be in year 11 of our business. I feel like business babies sometimes, and other times I feel like I could write books about our experiences. We are both type A over achievers, so we could work ourselves to death. We didn't take a vacation for 7 years!! Then we bought into Disney Vacation Club and we travel with our daughter every chance we get. We work so hard and give so much to others, that there is no guilt in our family time anymore. I never do girls night, I work out at home, and I have no leisure time. If we are not at work, we are with our daughter. I started a little blog as a creative outlet and that has helped too. So carry on!! You can do it. Find what gives you rest and do that too. For us, it is traveling. And on a side note, your earrings are on my Christmas list. I just need to decide between the glittery gold pair and a fun color(: Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look awesome! Such a nice business casual mix-up. Creating balance is that thing I crave endlessly but can never get...it's worse than cravings for dark chocolate! I've just stumbled upon your blog, and I love. You incorporate real world goodness into fashion posts, which is something so cool and unique I think! Definitely gonna stick around for the ride. (:

    lovelovelove,
    Erica
    cominguprosestheblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. When very little ladies see, that there is a Lady in the film, who's got the same age, the like it A lot more. So, we think, that Inside Out Video games are going to be liked very! The finances of Inside of Out was $175 million, but authors commercialized a lot more, than they'd expended! They may have got $856.1 million from product sales in all around the environment. From that we can comprehend, that this film attracts each and every men and women, it doesn't make any difference he or she will be girl, or boy, teenager or experienced. The individuals like Inside of Out Game titles too, of course. The film has bought such an interesting Tale, that non ofit's watchers will continue to be indifferent immediately after looking at it.http://insideoutgames77.com/inside-out-thought-bubbles/ In it we can easily begin to see the thoughts, that have acquired Everybody. This can be just a gorgeous story, which has bought very talked-about everywhere in the earth. This movie appeared in gaming market in 2015 also. Our administration has picked the very best of these Inside of Out Online games and well prepared it for you personally! I think, these game titles is likely to make film Increasingly more popular.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts