Casual Friday, Legit Style

military jacket, graphic tee, and converse

military jacket, graphic tee, and converse

military jacket, graphic tee, and converse

military jacket, graphic tee, and converse

military jacket, graphic tee, and converse

military jacket, graphic tee, and converse
JACKET- Thrifted (similar) // TEE- Idieh Designs c/o // JEANS- GAP // SHOES- Thrifted (similar)  // EARRINGS- Nickel & Suede (sold out, similar) // BAG- Chicwish c/o
Photo Credit: Sarah Sweeney

Over the last few months, I've been working on improving the photos on my blog. Maybe you can't tell because of the grainy cell phone pics you still see sometimes, but I have. Taking photos with an actual photographer has really been a step up and it's been fun to work with Sarah and try to be a little more creative and professional in that area.

When we were taking photos of this outfit I mentioned to her that I suddenly realized one reason that so many of the really big bloggers, or just fashion bloggers in general wear so many high heels and dresses and sometimes ridiculous things. It feels weird to hire a photographer to take photos of you in a graphic tee and chucks. Working with a real photographer immediately makes you want to pull out your heels or nicer pants or a something dressed up. Not your casual number that you wear everyday. But if I did start pulling out only heels (which I don't own many of) or dresses (I have like 3), I certainly wouldn't be sharing my legit style. See what I did there? My real style IS what I wear everyday and dressing up, in most ways, is not the norm. Or even possible.

So while I do want to share a variety looks here at ONE little MOMMA, I still want to dress like ONE little MOMMA. So hold me to that!

Have a great weekend! We don't have big plans, but it looks like good weather so I'm sure we'll hit up a park and maybe grab some Frozen Custard if we get really crazy. What are you doing this weekend?



Comments

  1. This is the best fashion blog out there, as far as I'm concerned. Casual and REAL, with some semi-fancy earrings and sassy hair to spice things up. You're my hero :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your mix of relaxed-chic! it's so refreshing. :) keep it up, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog for this reason.. you wear REAL outfits and not crazy, expensive named brand stuff!!! Love seeing your fashion "realness"!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for keeping it legit! I stopped following several fashion blogs because really, wearing Loubs in the snow? No thank you. You are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your "real" outfits! I live a pretty casual lifestyle, work with kids and wear jeans to work so I actually appreciate your fashion blog a lot more because it gives me ideas I can ACTUALLY use! Keep it it up! I am also so inspired by your thrifting, I have never had the luck that it looks like you have all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the hair and the super cute casual style. Thanks for inspiring moms like me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of the reasons I read your blog is because you have real style. It is fun to look at super fancy outfits. But let's be honest - most of us don't dress like that(: I am getting ready to order my third pair of your earrings! I can't decide between the shades of brown(: Love them all! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for wearing the real style you actually wear. I HATE heels. So if you started wearing them on the daily I would stop relating to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this look, especially your hair! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! I cracked up when I saw this because I'm wearing almost the exact same outfit right now! Except I have striped tee instead of an awesome 'legit' shirt... =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you show a real style. So many style blogs don't have a real momma style that would be for chasing after kids or playing at the playground. So glad you show what a real fashionable mom wears!

    www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts