Life Lately- Soccer, Food Cravings and More

Well, we made a it through another week over here at the Nickels' house. I think we had a good one, although life is kind of hard on everyone when I'm not feeling like myself. Despite my best tips for working after the kids go to bed- I've been falling asleep every night after the kids go to bed. It's driving Soren crazy because usually I'm one who works early, works all day and works at night too. For the last few weeks I feel like I'm lucky to work at all, at any time of day. In general I feel okay, but every other day some food puts my stomach into cramps and about one day a week I wake up nauseous. And while it may bother everyone else that they have to pick up my slack- it bothers me most. I KNOW I have work to do- especially getting ready for this upcoming speaking engagement. But I just keep praying for motivation, optimism and to know how to spend my limited energy and that is all I can do. 

The highlight of my week was definitely watching Easton play in his first soccer game. We woke up to rain that day and the forecast was for rain all day and evening. He was so bummed to think his game would be canceled. So we said a prayer before school asking that the weather would clear up for his game and sure enough, it didn't rain the rest of the afternoon. It was cold (which I was not looking forward to) but we bundled up and went. And it was so. much. fun. I was shocked at how much I loved watching those tiny kids run around and do their best. Easton did so well and ended up scoring two goals. He was so proud of himself and his grin was just the best. Unfortunately right before the game ended there was lightening and then it started to rain and hail. We got soaked running to the car, but we were all on a high from the fun and memories were definitely made. 




I started taking my iron pills again this week because all I have been craving is meat. We HAD to have steak tacos from Taco Bell one night and then the next night I was whipping up meatloaf (which was amazing by the way!). Last night was BBQ Chicken (which doesn't have iron) but the protein definitely tasted so good. I'm trying not to be a weirdo who craves food- but you just can't help it sometimes!


And after feeling held hostage at home all week by my kiddos who weren't going to let me get any work done while they were awake (thus no work got done) we decided to go to the mall yesterday. The weather has been cold and gray the last few days which is perfect for depression. Not. So retail therapy was necessary. Last year I purposefully didn't buy anything new to wear to Go Blog Social, but this year as a speaker and a crazy barely pregnant person- I'm stressing about it. Yesterday's shopping fixed that for me though and I found a few things between Old Navy and Forever 21 that I'm happy with. It's all about options on the day of the event. 

And of course I was "that mom" who bought tickets for the carousel and Auntie Anne's Pretzels. Some day's you just have to be "that mom".





How was your week? What does your weekend hold?

PS- We are offering Free Shipping on all domestic Nickel & Suede orders today only. Use code SPRINGFORIT to get free shipping on those Spring accessories you've had sitting in your cart!

Comments

  1. Your efforts are truly appreciated; this website is quite useful for all of us. Thanks buddy best cheap life insurance

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is noticeably much to know on the subject of this. I think you created some excellent points in Features also. car insurane quote

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowww! Thanks a lot baby! I always required writing in my site something very special like your blog has. You have really helped me a lot. online cash loans

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is one of the cult game now, a lot of people enjoy playing them . Also you can refer to the game :
    age of war | earn to die 5 | Tank trouble | happy wheels | earn to die 6
    The game controls are shown just under . Movement mechanisms primarily include acceleration and tilting controls.
    tank trouble unblocked | wings io | strike force heroes | age of war 2 | hotmail login

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts