Products for Styling a Long Pixie/Short Bob





JACKET- Forever 21 // TEE- Old Navy // JEANS- Nordstrom 

Short hair is a crazy thing because it changes all of the time. Any amount of growth changes the look of the cut and when its this short I can't seem to decide how I love it. When I get it cut its too short and then suddenly its too long! Anyhow- I've had some requests for a new 360 photo so I've posted that over on Instagram. I *think* I'm going in for a trim again soon. I'll probably cut the back more stacked and can't decide how short to go on my right side. I realize it's more of a bob right now, but what I do know is I'm keeping all the length I have on the left. So much over thinking right? (I keep going back to this inspiration photo....)

Anyway- the other request I've had is to explain what products I use when I style my hair straight. I've tried tons of them- and when its a little shorter I think that I may use more, but I've settled into 4 daily products (well, 5 products on DAY 1). 

DAY 1 (Wash day):  
Big Sexy Root Pump Spray Mousse- Spray at roots, rub, blow dry.
Big Sexy Hair Volumizing Dry Shampoo- Adds texture to clean, slippery hair.
Bed Head Spoil Me- Removes frizz, prevents dry hair from dry shampoo.
*Flat Iron Hair*
*Back comb roots and smooth*
Redken Wax Blast (spray on ends)

DAY 2:
Big Sexy Hair Volumizing Dry Shampoo- Adds texture to clean, slippery hair.
Bed Head Spoil Me- Removes frizz, prevents dry hair from dry shampoo.
*Comb through hair*
*Flat Iron Hair*
*Back comb roots and smooth*
Redken Wax Blast (spray on ends)

DAY 3:
Big Sexy Hair Volumizing Dry Shampoo- Adds texture to clean, slippery hair.
Bed Head Spoil Me- Removes frizz, prevents dry hair from dry shampoo.
*Flat Iron Hair straight or add curls*
*Back comb roots and smooth*
Redken Wax Blast (spray on ends)

I rarely make it to DAY 4 without deciding to wash it. It's possible and honestly with short hair, the more product build up in your hair the better for styling it. I just really love a hot shower where I can soak my head! Ideas for DAY 4 are to curl your hair if you haven't already, or pin the front back or add a braid. I've got some fun ideas in mind that I'm hoping to put tutorials together for. 



Comments

  1. I'm going for the big chop tomorrow and these pictures are coming with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hair Kilee! It always looks great whether you wear it straight or curled! Thank you for sharing your list of products. So, Day 2 & 3 are identical in products used - while Day 1 involves an additional product (mousse), right? I'm curious how you keep your hair from getting all sticky and gooped up. I have medium texture hair and that is what I really struggle with on Days 2 & 3. Also, it seems that the Dry Shampoo really "fights" against my curling attempts! I just can't seem to get the right balance of product - and non-product. Guess it will just take more practice! Again, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally love your hair!! I want to get my hair done just like yours. Is there any way you can send me some pictures love your ombre with the angled bob? I'm getting my hair done this Monday and I would like to show my stylist some pics. Thanks a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love your hair!! I want to get my hair done just like yours. Is there any way you can send me some pictures love your ombre with the angled bob? I'm getting my hair done this Monday and I would like to show my stylist some pics. Thanks a bunch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts