Taking Risks with Your Jeans Can Be Risky









TUNIC- Chicwish // JEANS- Old Navy (extra ripped by me) // SHOES- Thrifted (similar) // EARRINGS- N&S (Pebbled Black- large) // CUFF- N&S
If you've been around for a while, you know I'm not afraid to alter my pants. I frequently cut them into crops, rip them, fray them and sometimes patch them. In all honestly most of the pants I've done that to in the past have been thrifted, inexpensive or in my closet long enough to justify a change. But it doesn't always go as planned. 

These pants are new and when they arrived they had tiny rips at the knees. And if you know me, I'm all about going big or going home. So I took to ripping them a little more. And then a little more. And suddenly I hear a "riiiiip" and things have took a more drastic turn (literally ripping down instead of accross) than I expected. I almost freaked out, but then I just decided "Oh well. It's a look." Much of the time styling your clothes, or altering them is just about owning your look. Last week I cut off a brand new pair of J Crew Factory jeans and to be honest, I'm not sure if they look better or worse. I'm going to wear them in a bit and we'll see. Either they'll be the unfortunate victims of taking a risk, or they'll be a new look that sticks around in my closet and I'll warm up to. 

My point is that sometimes developing personal style is all about taking a risk and doing something different. You don't have to accept clothes from the store exactly as they come- although I understand it can get expensive if you do make a mistake! So practice on your old stuff. See if those pants wouldn't be improved by shortening them into crops. Or can you rip a tear in the knee a little wider for an edgier look? You don't have to know how to sew to change your pants- usually its just a simple as using a pair of scissors or a razor blade!

What are your thoughts on altering your pants? Have you taken any risks yet?

Comments

  1. Love the pop of color with your shoes.

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all for altering my clothes to make them fit better or refashioning them for a new look! As you mentioned, using old or thrifted clothes is a great start as it's not a big loss if they don't work out. Some of my fav pieces are things I've had for more than a decade and are now "new" and in style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im not at all brave with refashioning my clothes but the other day my favorite jeans ripped in the knee and instead of donating them (like I would usually do in this situation) Ive been wearing them and feel really edgy, haha! Thanks for the encouragement to mess up the jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those white jeans look great on you, sometimes I find the look hard to pull off <3

    xo,

    Emma
    http://www.sassystreet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bravery when it comes to altering your clothes, and this post inspires me to not be so intimidated by it myself! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts