Spring for Sweatshirts








SWEATSHIRT- H&M // TEE- Downeast Basics // PANTS- Nordstrom // SHOES- H&M // BAG- Freshly Picked // EARRINGS- N&S (Nude Cut Out- large) // CUFF- N&S // BRACELETS- Forever 21
I think its been a long Spring for everyone- and Kansas City has been no exception. We've had so much rain! And aside from the depressing nature of cloudy days- it really has been such a blessing. Our grass has stayed green without my watering it and I've been able to sport a sweatshirt for most of my first trimester. And I definitely have taken advantage of that. This sweatshirt is gray, graphic, it fits slim and best of all- it's maternity. It's also on sale for about $12! 
And now to dissect the rest of this outfit- because its full of things you really ought to know about. These shoes were one of my best purchases last year from H&M. I literally wore them to death- so I was excited to see H&M brought them back this year. They are surprisingly comfortable, match everything and also cost only about $15. 
I'm still a huge fan of these jeans, but unfortunately so is everyone else. They have sold out several times. I patched the hole in the thigh in mine with some fabric glue and an old pair of jeans. I'll try to do a quick post detailing that later this week or on IG. 
Next up- my stacked bracelets. I recently found some amazing stacking sets of stretchy bracelets and bangles from Forever 21. My wrists are tiny so I need stretch bracelets or adjustable cuffs in order to keep them on my wrists. I bought several different sets so that I could mix and match them with our Nickel & Suede Thin Leather Cuff. I've worn a different combination everyday since they arrived. I'll link to all of the sets below. There really is no wrong way to stack, but my favorite combo has been: 2-3 bangles, 3 metallic stretchy bracelets, 2 colored beaded bracelets and a thin leather cuff. 
And last of all- my tee. I wear Downeast Basics Wondertees under my shirts almost everyday. But when I'm pregnant (or if the tee shrink!) those tees can get too short. The last time I was pregnant I started making my own shirt extenders and I've worn them ever since. They add length without the bulk. You can see a white tee example here- and in this outfit I'm wearing a black one. Basically I just cut off the bottom 6 inches of my stretchy under tees and wear them like a belly band. They aren't as tight as a belly band, but that almost makes them more comfortable and their purpose is just to make my shirt look longer. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts