Black Peep Toe Boots and Turquoise Details for My Birthday








TUNIC- Asos // JEANS- Asos // BOOTS- Old Navy (old) (similar, similar) // NECKLACE- Nordstrom // CLUTCH- Ruby Claire Boutique // EARRINGS- Nickel & Suede Pebbled Black Cut Out- large // SUNNIES- Forever 21 // BRACELETS- Forever 21
It's a great day to have a birthday today! Today is the big 2-9 for me and possibly the age I will stay frozen at forever. You only turn 29 once right?!? ...and then again every year for the rest of your life? 
I guess we'll see about that next year. I'm sure I'll continue to own up to my age, but this year is the first year I'm struggling a bit. I know it sounds silly but, until now I always felt like the young one. Soren turned 30 four years ago, so it's always felt like I'd be in my 20's forever. That time is coming to a close this year. And I'm feeling weird about it, but looking at everything else in my life- that's not a bad thing! 
It just feels strange to be settling it at the mom-middle-age-phase of life. But that isn't fair because I don't think that about any of my friends who are in their 30's or 40's!  
I'm realizing we all still feel like teenagers no matter how old we get. AND that just proves that numbers are dumb and we shouldn't give them any thought. How much we weigh, our age or our pants size don't measure anything that is real or actually matters in life. 
What really matters to me this year is that my boys are happy and learning and growing up to be amazing young men. I have a baby on the way that will only add more joy to our family. Soren and I are getting along better than ever- and that's counting the entire almost 9 years we've been married. And I have so many wonderful women that I can say are my good friends- more than ever in my life. 
Thank you for such a great year and for continuing to support and follow along with our family. I feel so honored to be part of your life and honestly humbled if/when anything I say (or wear) helps or inspires your life. That's my goal and it blesses me so much to hear about it from you.
So who cares how old I am turning because today I'm just happy for the lasting and substantial blessings God has put in my life. And is what I want in my heart all year!
Have a great Thursday! I wish I could share my birthday apple pie with you!





Oh, and one more thing! I'm so excited to share with you that because it's my birthday, I pulled some strings and we brought back the N&S Leopard Sweater Scarf a few weeks early! This scarf is my favorite in my collection and it is a must have for your Fall closet. You can shop it here today!



Comments

  1. You are just the cutest thing! Happy Birthday!! Love your style and also love that you don't pretend marriage is all easy. You keep it real. Hope you and Soren continue to get along well, and send some of those vibes to my marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Today is my birthday too! By the way...your hair color is looking great lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very Happy Birthday to you! You should feel great to be 29- you look adorable (love those jeans and shoes:) and you're having a baby so it'll be a great year filled with joy and yes, some exhaustion, but mostly joy! I had my first child at 29 and thought it was a perfect age to have a baby- enjoy this wonderful time and year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday ! :)
    "You only turn 29 once right?!? ...and then again every year for the rest of your life? " - love this line. I felt the same after turning 18 (in US maybe it's the age of 21, when you are "adult"), and it was not last year...
    But since then, I am celebrating always my 18th birthday... When I was 19, it was my second 18th birtday.... When 20, the 3rd 18th birthday, and so on. :) FOREVER YOUNG !
    And true : age, weight, dress size are not the real things that count ! Inside is the most important !

    Happy birthday again, and wish you all the best !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kilee! Crazy! I turned the big 2-9 on Wednesday! The best people are born in August, right?! Hope you had a wonderful day! I love your style- thanks for sharing!!

    Shay

    ReplyDelete
  6. I turned 29 for 3 years before my friends figured it out! : )
    Now, I'm 40 and LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts