Lace and Flares: Maternity Style








TOP- H&M (similar) (love this non-maternity one) // JEANS- Express (non maternity!) // SHOES- TJ MAXX (similar) // EARRINGS- N&S Olive Suede (large) // CUFF- N&S // CUFF- Stitch Fix // SUNNIES- J Crew Factory
If there is one thing that you can accuse me of and I won't deny it- it's jumping in on Fall too early. I don't care that it's still August (only one more day!) and that I've been talking about Fall style since July. I just have been, I always do and I know it's cliche.  Deep in my bones I'm an Autumn girl and Fall style, Fall colors and Fall temps are my idea way for living life. So sue me. And I know if we're honest we are all looking for an excuse to start the season early. It's not like it's Christmas! I mean I'm all about keep Christmas to the real Christmas season- not starting it in October. But I feel like August is the right month to just ease into Fall. And if it means I'm sweating because I'm in an extra layer or I'm in boots- so be it. I'd rather sweat a little because I broke out my cooler weather clothing early than be sweating by the pool with my swollen ankles and flip flops. 
So today's Fall topic? Trends for Fall 2015. There are lots of them that we could cover, but today I'm going to stick to three. I'll post more trends over the next few weeks- with ideas of how to style them for normal person wear. Because how useless is a trend that normal people can't pull of??
1. Lace. More specifically high-neck lace tops. This Fall the Victorian styles are coming back into high fashion- think lots of lace, high collars, brooches and gloves. And I'm thinking there is no way am I going to pull off a brooch or fancy gloves. BUT I do love the idea of lace- and even a high collar lace blouse. I suggest pairing lace with camel, rust, burgundy, olive, and dark green this Fall. The right lace top will add great texture to any outfit and easily layer or stand on it's own.
2. Flare denim. Flares are back with a vengeance this Fall. This pair from Express is a great pair with tons of stretch- just be aware you'll need to size down. I'm wearing them (non-maternity) in one size up. Flares look best worn with a heel or a platform, but if yours are too long? Try this hack by Shana. (literally!)
3. Olive Green. I'm seeing all shades of olive/military green in stores and magazines this Fall. There is literally not one way that people aren't wearing it. Try olive sneakers, olive jackets, olive sweaters, olive hats, olive bags- or my favorite way Olive Suede Leather Earrings
 What Fall trends are you looking forward too? 

Comments

  1. Super cute and I am totally love all the flares going on this Fall!

    www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts