Pregnancy, Dresses, and Shapewear









DRESS- Stitch Fix Maternity (similar) // CARDIGAN- Old Navy (old) (similar, similar) // SHOES- Nordstrom // BAG- Nordstrom // GLASSES- David Kind // EARRINGS- N&S Signature Silver (large) // CUFF- N&S // WATCH- Jord
Photo Credit- Sarah Sweeney
This post is brought to you nice and early courtesy of pregnancy insomnia and heart burn. I ran out of my over the counter heartburn meds, so lime flavor tums and I are just chilling together pouring our hearts out this morning at 3:54 am. Just a little PSA- avoid the fruity TUMS at all costs. Peppermint are the way to go if you have the option. 
I'm 30 weeks this week and the fun is just beginning. There is definitely a belly getting in my way and preventing me from bending over in any way except for an awkward squat. Waddling has also become commonplace.  And my veins- oh my lovely varicose veins have started acting up quite a bit more this week. I apologize for scaring any of you that haven't been pregnant yet, but every time I sit for an extended period of time and then stand up, the swollen veins on one leg throb. I'm considering some kind of long compression shorts for the first time- but I'm not sure where to look for the least matronly pair. I definitely don't want tights- but if I could find long shorts, I think they would help my veins and slim everything else in as an added benefit. Do you have any recommendations? Have you or a friend had any luck with those? 
I'm still loving fitted dresses as a great dressed up or down option this pregnancy. I've requested and received several in my last few Stitch Fix's, but Target and Nordstrom have some great options too. I really think if you can invest in one or two basic maternity dresses like the one above, you'll be pleasantly surprised by how many ways you can style them- and how often you'll want to wear them. So far I've paired mine with Converse, wedges, flat sandals, cardigans, a denim jacket, a denim vest and more. I'm planning on also pairing mine with scarves, fur vests, boots, loose sweaters, a military jacket and more this Fall. 
The one secret that I have learned is a must with a fitted dress while you are or aren't pregnant is that wearing a shaping tank or slip underneath is essential. Once I started wearing a Blanqi tank under my dresses, I felt some much more confident in them. It just smooths everything out and hides the lines of my undergarments. I'm considering buying a second one because they are also great to wear under fitted tees. Have you had any success with shaping tanks? I've never worn Spanx or a girdle postpartum or in between kids, but I'd love to hear your recommendations if you have. All the things we women have to consider when getting dressed huh? It's ridiculous. And yet it really is so fun too!

Thanks in advance for your recommendations! I can't wait to read them! 

Comments

  1. I'm 32 weeks and just want to cut my restless legs off every night! ;) my midwife said dark leafy greens or the green powders (superfood greens) that you can add to juice or smoothies really help tighten and reduce varicose veins. I have yet to try the powders but am planning to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not pregnant but I agree with you totally about the peppermint Tums.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two years ago, when I was pregnant with my fourth 9-pound baby, Blanqi had a Target line. It only consisted of a maternity tank in black or nude & a postpartum tank in black or nude. I have no idea if they still make them but they were awesome! I bought at least one of each & wore them DAILY! I honestly believe those support tanks made my 4th pregnancy slightly more comfortable than my 3rd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes you may find yourself sick and exhausted of expecting what happens next for your kid but if you know how important monitoring your having a kid is, you will never get sick and exhausted of expecting something new. late period negative pregnancy test

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I do think this is a great blog. I stumbledupon it ;) I will revisit once again since i have saved as a favorite it. Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and continue to help others.
    عقارات جدة
    3kary.com
    شقق للإيجار بجدة
    http://3kary.com/property-status/apartments-for-rent/
    شقق للبيع بجدة
    http://3kary.com/property-status/apartments-for-sale/

    ReplyDelete
  6. while if you are a friend the two of you will get up-dates of each others activities and will communicate with each other effortlessly. buy real facebook followers

    ReplyDelete

  7. Great article! We are linking to this great article on our site. Keep up the good writing.



    1 موقع بروكرالخدمي
    http://prokr.net/
    دليل بروكر
    http://prokr.org
    مكافحة حشرات
    http://albyaan.com/
    رش مبيدات
    http://elbassma.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to know that such kind of posts are there to help ignorant and novice people.
    - mortal kombat xl
    - atari breakout
    - dragon ball z games
    - Friv

    ReplyDelete
  9. مؤسسة السبيعي تقدم اشكال رائعة جدا من المظلات و السواتر وبيوت الشعر و كنب امريكي بخامات اصلية ومستوردة وباسعار مميزة
    0500296699
    http://www.mazallat.com/%D9%83%D9%86%D8%A8-%D8%A7%D9%85%D8%B1%D9%8A%D9%83%D9%8A-%D9%85%D8%BA%D8%B1%D8%A8%D9%8A.html

    ReplyDelete

  10. باقل الاسعار ستحقق حلمك فى الالتحاق بكلية الهندسة فى معادلة هندسة من مركز النور افضل مراكز التدريس فى الوطن العربى
    01093189974 — 01118585670
    http://www.elnour-edu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. اقل الاسعار فى خدمات العزل فى شركة العنود افضل شركة عزل خزانات بمكة لخدمات عزل مختلفة ومتنوعة
    0555705619
    http://www.el3nod.com/1/company-tanks-isolation-cleaning-mecca

    ReplyDelete
  12. ضمان لمدة عام كامل على خدمات الصيانة وقطع الغيار الاصلية فى صيانة زانوسي اقل الاسعار فى خدمات الصيانة
    http://صيانة-زانوسي.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts