My Favorite Escape






TEE- A Pea in the Pod Maternity // PANTS- A Pea in the Pod Maternity // SHOES- Rockport c/o (20% for OLM readers!) // BAG- Chicwish // CUFF- Nickel & Suede // EARRINGS- Nickel & Suede Signature Silver Cut Out large
Photo Credit- Sarah Sweeney

As a work-at-home mom I feel like I get to experience the best of all worlds. I love being with my kids all day at home and doing the things that I did as an exclusively stay-at-home mom. Things like making lunches, building blocks, changing bums and sneaking in ten minute naps. I also love that I get to fulfill my creative side by working early in the morning, in between mom duties, and after kids are in bed. Its not an easy juggling act- and it never goes perfectly, but it's such a blessing in almost every way.

But- as much as I love the chaotic home/work life balance that we live- what I really enjoy is when I get to escape. (I really sound like a stay-at-home mom now, huh?) I love sneaking off to appointments or work meetings outside of the house- especially with Soren. They aren't often (most work we do from home), but it feels so good to get dressed with a purpose, leave the house, and go do some work. It's an outing that feels progressive and it's so refreshing to work with other creative adults, talk about my passions with Soren and the people we work with, and feel like just me, Kilee, for a few hours. 

Being eight months pregnant hasn't exactly helped me feel like myself lately, but comfortable maternity clothes and comfortable shoes have helped significantly with that. I'm a huge fan of this maternity tee from Splendid, these dressy sweatpants and suede heels that actually have a TON of cushion in them. I'm not normally a heel-wearer, but this cobalt suede pair from Rockport feel so much better than any other heels I own. They add so much personality to an outfit, without taking away my ability to stand or walk like a normal person. And believe me- I need all the support I can get with walking and standing these days!

Do you have a favorite escape- either from work or from the kids? 



Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts