OTK Boots and Lace









SWEATER- Urban Outfitters // LEGGINGS- Zella // BOOTS- Dolce Vita // EARRINGS- N&S Rustic leather earrings, large (similar) // CUFF- Forever 21 // WATCH- Jord c/o
It's funny to watch trends emerge and then to see them make their way into mainstream fashion. New trends are generally a little too weird for most people and can also only be found at a higher price point. A year or two later is when you see more bloggers and fashion forward women really embrace the trend. And then the next year most people have warmed up to a new idea enough that you can find it at lots of retailers and lots different price points. 
A few years ago it was the ankle boot that confounded everyone. No one thought they were cute at first and we certainly didn't know how to wear them. Now they are everywhere and on almost everyone. 

Last year the emerging trend was over the knee boots. No one was sure about them and they weren't all that easy to find. Are they too hookerish? Too sexy? Nope. This is really the year that they are starting to make their way onto bloggers, on your trendy friends, in more stores and at more price points. And next year, they will be even more prevalent. 
Sometimes I decide to skip a trend entirely. Like overalls. I won't be doing overalls. And other trends I choose invest in early so that I get my money and wear's worth out of an item. Over the knee boots were that for me this year. If I had waited another year to grab a pair, I knew I'd regret it. So I bit the bullet this and bought a pair. And I LOVE them. They are such an easy way to update an outfit, they really do keep you quite warm, and they give you legs for dayyyyssss. I'm sold. 
So I've been styling my OTK boots with leggings and long tops and with skinny jeans and blouses or sweaters. I also love them with long cardigans, dresses, skirts, and tunics. Trust me, if you like this trend at all, this is the year to figure it out!



Comments

Popular Posts