#nsale- What I'm Keeping, Returning and Undecided On


We're back! We made it back safely after a week visiting family and while everyone else was excited to get home to their beds, I was just excited to come home to the mail. ;) The Anniversary Sale opened to the public today, I wanted to let you know my thoughts on what I did order. Admittedly this is a crazy amount of packages, but because I prefer to mostly shop online, I made a huge order before we left on vacation so I could try things on at home.  If you are like me I am a big reader of reviews before I buy things online so this afternoon I tried it all on to weigh in on what I ordered.

Last week I posted about my tips for shopping the sale and how to shop Nordstrom in general so if you don't quite know where to begin- start there. ;)

Nice denim is almost never a better deal than during the Anniversary Sale so I ordered a bunch of different pairs to try one. I knew I wanted some new skinny jeans and possibly a boyfriend fit too. Here are the contenders I ordered.


AG The Legging Ankle Jeans- These jeans have been one of the most recommended by everyone on the internet and I can see why. They feel really good and are the best option for a mid-wash skinny jean with distressing. These are a top contender for me to keep and are about $75 off their typical price. Sizes are lacking so keep checking back. I ordered my normal size and they fit great. KEEP. This Vigoss pair is under $50 and also has great reviews for something similar for less $.

Free People Cross Over Sweater-  This sweater is the prettiest fabric and has really cool details.  The neck is actually a mock-neck and the wrap front is really pretty.The front is cropped so I was on the fence about it. But after wearing it while I tried on all of my jeans, I started to love it.  Soren really liked it too. The listing recommends sizing down and that seems to be true. This is an XS. KEEP.

Treasure and Bond Winsor Block Heel Bootie- These taupe boots are just the right everyday boot. Sadly these babies sold like crazy! I love the shape and the color, but only black are in stock online. Keep checking back though because they are a super chic casual ankle boot for only $80. These and these are also great options if you are looking for a basic great bootie. KEEP.



Hudson Jeans 'Nico' Ankle Super Skinny Jeans- These jeans have a great raw hem, super dark wash and they fit really well. They could easily be the perfect dress up or dress down jeans. Sizes seem to be stocked. Not sure I'm sold on them over other ones I grabbed. But they really are great... MAYBE.


rag & bone/JEAN 'The Skinny' Skinny Jeans - These might be my favorite dark skinny jean that I tried on. I LOVE the wash on these dark jeans. The hem is also raw and they fit really well. Sizes are all stocked so you should be able to grab your size. Of course these are also the most expensive skinny jeans I tried on as well...but I know the cost per wear on my jeans is super low so great jeans aren't too hard to rationalize. MAYBE.


Joe's Ankle Skinny Jeans (Rikki)- These jeans were also great. Love the wash and the length. This specific pair is sold out, but this other pair is VERY similar and also under $100. I think these photographed really well so these are hard to say no to. MAYBE.



PAIGE 'Transcend - Verdugo' Ankle Skinny Jeans- These were just restocked in all sizes!!! And they are under $100! They are a great wash and fit for less $ than the others I tried on. These ones might be the right pair to fit my budget- and they'll sell out if you don't grab them now! MAYBE.



rag & bone/JEAN 'The Dre' Slim Fit Boyfriend Jeans- I had high hopes for these, but they must run big. I could have sized down. Boyfriend jeans are supposed to fit loosely, but these were just too big. Love the cuff and the wash on them though! RETURN.


FRAME 'Le High Straight' High Rise Staggered Hem Jeans (Carroll)- Okay so I liked these more than I thought I would. I love the staggered hem and they actually fit cuter than the model shows. However, I think they put me over my denim budget. I need dark skinnies more than this style so I think these won't make the cut. RETURN.


BLANKNYC Faux Leather Skinny Pants- I had high hopes for these, and I kinda feel like ';Meh.' This photo actually looks better than I think they did in real life. If I were working out more and had better leg muscle tone I think I would like these better. However, this pair from Spanx seems to be getting really good reviews. Maybe I'll order those and give them a try. RETURN.


Articles of Society Denim Skirt- I love this brand of denim and this skirt is really cute. It seems to run big so I need to size down so this one will be going back and I'll order a different size. Sizes aren't too far gone on this one so order now if you love it. EXCHANGE.



BP Flare Overalls- These are amazing! Like the cutest overalls ever. Soren also thought they were super cute. I don't think these photo do them justice, but they do show the shape of them. If you missed it earlier this week I posted about how to wear overalls. These ones are definitely keepers. KEEP.

LONG SLEEVE SCOOP NECK COTTON TEE (REGULAR & PETITE)- This tee runs tts, and I mistakenly ordered a size up. I should have ordered a small. But I do like it for thickness and a basic long sleeve. EXCHANGE.


Madewell 'Ex Boyfriend' Plaid Oversize Cotton Shirt- This plaid shirt I LOVE! I ordered and XS and it fits well- just a little loose. I'm loving black and white plaid tops right now and this one is under $30 (order a size down) and this one is also really cute. KEEP.

Dolce Vita 'Cammi' Boot- Okay, so these boots are shockingly good. I had high hopes, but I thought they might be a little too fashion forward for even me. But they aren't! They also come in a gorgeous dark red color. This type of boot has a higher ankle shaft and pulls on like a sock (which is why they are also know as sock-booties). They are a little dressier than my usual ankle boot but I think they are keepers. MAYBE.


Timberland Earthkeepers® 'Amston' Boot- I'm a little on the fence about these. I like that they have a wedge and that they are a 90's throw back. But I'm not sure yet how often I would reach for them... They do look really cute with this outfit... so they are a MAYBE.

BP. Stripe Long Sleeve Crewneck Tee- This tunic/tee is one you could have in tons of colors. It's got a long back so it works with leggings or jeans. You can find it in all colors here. I think it will be a great layering piece this Fall and for less than $20 it's a steal. KEEP.



SHIRT (sold out)

Leith Lace Hem Peasant Tunic- This was immediately my favorite top of the sale and I knew it would as soon as I saw it. And it did. But this tank and this top are similar and are still in stock. KEEP.


Caslon® Zip Back High/Low Tunic Sweater- Soren loved this entire outfit. The sweater has a cute zip back and the drape on it is really flattering. I love oversized sweaters and skinny jeans in the Fall and the Winter and this sweater is just right for mastering that look for under $50. It comes in quite a few colors and they are all pretty well stocked. I bought and XS for reference. KEEP.

Halogen® 'Owen' Genuine Calf Hair Pointy Toe Ghillie Flat- These beauties sold out so quickly! But the pointy toe lace up flat does not seem to be going away. This pair comes in several colors and they are less than $60. I love the metallic and the black and white snakeskin print! KEEP.


Bernardo 'Kerwin' Leather Jacket- I had a leather jacket on my wish list for this sale and this is the one I ordered. I love the color and the fit. (This is an XS.) For some reason I don't think this is the perfect one for me, but I might regret saying that once I send it back... RETURN.


Leith Shawl Collar Cocoon Cardigan- This cardigan is dreamy. It's a gorgeous wine color, soft and drapes well. It sold out, but keep checking back. It may restock. And if it doesn't- this cardigan is actually my current favorite for under $50! KEEP.

Zella 'Live In' Leggings-  These are my absolute favorite leggings. You MUST get a pair. They are thick, suck you in and work for everyday or working out. I bought an XS but a S would work for me too. KEEP.

Nike 'Air Max 1' Sneaker- These sneakers are exactly what I hoped, the perfect basic black sneaker. I struggle with athleisure, but these shoes might make it a trend I can wear. KEEP.



Barefoot Dreams 'Circle' Cardigan- This cardigan (or blardigan as it's nicknamed) is pretty amazing. It's definitely very soft, has a pretty drape and comes in the perfect neutral colors. I ordered it in the tan too, but for some reason it seems too much like robe material to me. I would love it at home, but I don't know if I would wear it out. Like it doesn't dress up very well. I really wanted to love it, but I don't think this one is for me. RETURN.

Vince Camuto 'Melaya' Over the Knee Boot- These boots are actaully a dark gray color. Last year I got VERY similar boots in camel suede from the Anniversary Sale and I wore them all the time. This is almost the same boot and it does come in several colors. I highly recommend them. KEEP- I think.

Leith Suede Clutch- This clutch is gray and suede. Basically it was made for me. KEEP.


Other things that came that I didn't get a photo of....

Dreamers by Debut Seam Detail Pullover Sweater- Softest sweater ever. I'll be petting it every time I wear it. Love this one. KEEP.

rag & bone Wide Brim Wool Fedora- You know I love my hats. And I've been eyeing this one for some time. So when it went on sale I had to try it. It's really, really nice. If I can convince myself it is in my budget I'll keep it. MAYBE.

Madewell Garment Dye Cotton Shirtdress- This dress is darling. But even when I sized up it was too short on me. If you are shorter than 5'7" this would be a great Fall dress for you. RETURN.

Leith Mock Neck Midi Dress- This dress was so pretty. Like sexy. Soren loved it, but it wasn't as good with a jacket or a cardigan layered over it. I don't do sleeveless, so it will be going back. But I highly recommend it in all other ways. RETURN.


WALLET  // JEANS (not on sale) // SHOES (not on sale)

I mentioned before the pre-sale started that I was looking for a new wallet and the Marc Jacobs Pike Place Vertical Zippy is the one that stole my heart. I tried to love this Hobo, but the simplicity of the Marc Jacobs won out. It looks like Black is all they have left in stock right now, but you can't go wrong with black and they may restock the taupe. KEEP.


Over sized cardigans are something that I wear year round, especially in the Fall. I had my eye on a few during this sale. The price of this one is just right, but you never know about a sweater until you feel it and try it on. I ran in the store last week for a few minutes and I got the chance to try it on. And  after feeling it- it came home with me! It's not too heavy, fits just baggy enough and  it appears to be good enough quality to not snag or pill too much. This color is sold out, but I love the grey color that is still in stock. I bought it in an XS for reference. KEEP.


I packed everyone else's swimsuits for vacation but of course I forgot my own. I had to pick something up while we were in Utah, but I wanted something that would wear again. This suit is part of the Anniversary sale and I already have this suit in green so I knew I would like it in cranberry as well. It fits TTS. KEEP.

And that's it! I have a few more things coming that I'll try to keep you posted on. You can see them below! I hope you've been able to grab a few things you love! 



Comments

  1. Will you just be my stylist? Haha...like you've got time for that...but you always look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kilee, You look gorgeous in everything! Thanks so much for the outfit posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're really making me want to get some overalls! Do those flare ones fit true to size?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Overalls are super cute! What size did you order?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your topic is really outstanding and i appreciate your article writing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts