Five Tips for Online Thrifting with thredUP







SWEATER- H&M via thredUP // PANTS- Zara via thred UP // SHOES // EARRINGS // BAG // SUNNIES
PC: Sarah Sweeney

When I first started my blog, I had recently rediscovered thrifting. For several years, shopping at thrift stores was my favorite retail therapy. I loved the thrill of the hunt and the unique items you could find for a great deal. Around the time that we really started Nickel & Suede, my available time shifted in a big way. I started working full time with Soren, and so my ability to sneak away to the thrift store between naps or after bedtime just kind of dried up. Shopping at any stores besides the occasional Target run really disappeared from my life. I now shop almost exclusively online - for myself, my kids, and Soren. And until a little while back, that meant no more thrifting. Enter thredUP. I've shared this company before, and I still love it for online thrifting. Their website has gotten even more user friendly since the last time I shared it, and it wasn't hard at all to find a cartful of items that I loved. 

So since I've shared tips for thrifting in-store here and here in the past, I thought I'd share some tips for thrifting online at thredUP, many of which are the same!

1. Go often. thredUP gets thousands of like-new arrivals every minute. So keep checking back! You never know when the exact pair of boots or the perfect black dress will show up. I love to browse new arrivals on other sites that I shop, but these new arrivals are certainly more affordable!

2. Start with a wishlist. Use the search box to look up exactly what you are looking for. Looking for a fur vest? Type that in! I have a little running wishlist for my wardrobe, and that list is a great place to start when I'm thrifting. Often you find what you weren't looking for, but in the outfit pictured today, I easily found a great striped sweater and olive skinnies (both of which were on my list!). I also found a brand-new knit leopard pencil skirt that I didn't know I was looking for but that was an exciting find!

3. Narrow your search by brand. thredUP makes it possible to afford brands and designers you might not normally be able to. They also make it easy to refresh your closet with brands you already love because the price point is so low. It's easy to get overwhelmed by the pages and pages of items, but if you narrow it to your favorite brands, like J. Crew, Zara, H&M, and GAP, your options go way down. And you can actually see the stuff that appeals to you! If only you could do this at an actual thrift store!

4. Go wide with your size filters. Brands can all fit so differently, so I'll usually set my size filters to be a range. I will put in size 0-4 for pants and XS-M for tops. Sometimes that gives me WAY too many options, but it usually helps me find more good stuff. 

5. Check all of the sections individually to narrow the combing. Take a look at dresses separately from pants. And then look at tops. And then look at skirts. If you take the clothing sections by type, you will also have more success seeing the best items from each section. It's all about narrowing the shopping options down so they're easily shoppable!

Bonus #6. Use coupons or sales to your advantage. And I can help you out there today. Use code OLM40 for 40% off your first-time order (WOW!), discount up to $50. Expires 12.1.16. 

Another way I often shop thredUP is for my kids. My boys go through clothes so quickly that we often need to replace jeans, shirts, shoes, swimsuits - you name it. I use the same tips that I listed above to browse for the boys, and we've found some really great items!

Have you shopped at thredUP yet? Have a great Friday and enjoy those Halloween festivities. I know we'll be busy with them all weekend!




Comments

  1. (شركة-ابراج-للمقاولات) بالاحساء والدمام والخبر والجبيل والقطيف
    شركة تسربات بالاحساء
    شركة بالاحساء
    تسربات المياه بالاحساء
    شركة تسربات المياه بالأحساء
    شركه كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالأحساء
    كشف تسربات المياه بالأحساء
    كشف تسربات المياه
    بالاحساء
    شركة تسربات بالاحساء
    شركة بالاحساء
    تسربات المياه بالاحساء
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه
    شركه كشف تسربات المياه بالاحساء
    كشف تسربات المياه بالاحساء
    شركه كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
    كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
    كشف تسربات المياه بالجبيل
    شركه كشف تسربات المياه بالجبيل
    شركه كشف تسربات المياه بالقطيف
    كشف تسربات المياه بالقطيف
    شركه كشف تسربات المياه بالخبر
    كشف تسربات المياه بالخبر
    كشف تسربات المياه بالهفوف
    شركه كشف تسربات المياه بالهفوف

    كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
    شركه كشف تسربات المياه بالخبر
    شركه كشف تسربات المياه بالقطيف

    شركه كشف تسربات المياه بالجبيل

    شركه كشف تسربات المياه بالاحساء

    شركة عزل اسطح بالاحساء

    شركه عزل اسطح بالدمام

    كشف عزل اسطح بالجبيل

    شركه عزل اسطح بالقطيف

    شركه عزل اسطح بالهفوف





    ReplyDelete
  2. (شركة-ابراج-للمقاولات) بالاحساء والدمام والخبر والجبيل والقطيف
    شركة تسربات بالاحساء
    شركة بالاحساء
    تسربات المياه بالاحساء
    شركة تسربات المياه بالأحساء
    شركه كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالأحساء
    كشف تسربات المياه بالأحساء
    كشف تسربات المياه
    بالاحساء
    شركة تسربات بالاحساء
    شركة بالاحساء
    تسربات المياه بالاحساء
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه
    شركه كشف تسربات المياه بالاحساء
    كشف تسربات المياه بالاحساء
    شركه كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
    كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
    كشف تسربات المياه بالجبيل
    شركه كشف تسربات المياه بالجبيل
    شركه كشف تسربات المياه بالقطيف
    كشف تسربات المياه بالقطيف
    شركه كشف تسربات المياه بالخبر
    كشف تسربات المياه بالخبر
    كشف تسربات المياه بالهفوف
    شركه كشف تسربات المياه بالهفوف

    كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
    شركه كشف تسربات المياه بالخبر
    شركه كشف تسربات المياه بالقطيف



    شركة عزل اسطح بالاحساء

    شركه عزل اسطح بالدمام

    كشف عزل اسطح بالجبيل

    شركه عزل اسطح بالقطيف

    شركه عزل اسطح بالهفوف



    ReplyDelete
  3. مركز صيانة كاريير تتم فية عمليات الصيانة على ايدى اكبر مهندسون للصيانة وفرق العمل فى مصر
    http://carriermaintenance.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS IS WONDERFUL TESTIMONY THAT I MOST SHARE TO YOU ALL THE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD

    Hi everyone, I sincerely hope my post gets read and hopefully helps somebody along the line.i will never forget the help the Great Dr Ahmed Utimate render to me in my marital life. i have been in relationship for 4 years now and my boyfriend and i love each other very dearly . after 3 years of our relationship my boyfriend suddenly changed, he was having an affair with a lady outside, i notice it then i was praying for divine intervention the thing became more serious i told my pastor about it we prayed but nothing happen. my husband just came home one day she pick up his things and left me and the pregnancy, At this time i was confuse not knowing what to do again because i have lost my boyfriend and my relationship too. i was just checking my mails in the office when i saw someone sharing her testimony on how the Great Dr Ahmed Utimate help her out with her marital problems so i contacted the email of Dr Ahmed and told him my problem and him told me that my problems will be solve within 24Hours. he told me what went wrong with my boyfriend and how it happen. that he will restored my relationship back. To my greatest surprise my boyfriend came to my office begging me on his knees that i should find a place in my heart to forgive he, i ask him to get up from is knee that i have forgiven him. Friends your case is not too hard for the great Dr to harder, my life is back into shape i have my boyfriend back and we are happily married now with a baby boy and i have my job back too.This man is really powerful..if we have up to 20 people like him in the world, the world would have been a better place..he has also helped many of my friends to solve many problems and they are all happy now..Am posting this to the forum for anybody that is interested in meeting the man for help.you can.....Email him on Ahmedutimate@gmail.com, call or Whatsapp he on +2348160153829

    ReplyDelete
  5. THIS IS WONDERFUL TESTIMONY THAT I MOST SHARE TO YOU ALL THE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD

    Hi everyone, I sincerely hope my post gets read and hopefully helps somebody along the line.i will never forget the help the Great Dr Ahmed Utimate render to me in my marital life. i have been in relationship for 4 years now and my boyfriend and i love each other very dearly . after 3 years of our relationship my boyfriend suddenly changed, he was having an affair with a lady outside, i notice it then i was praying for divine intervention the thing became more serious i told my pastor about it we prayed but nothing happen. my husband just came home one day she pick up his things and left me and the pregnancy, At this time i was confuse not knowing what to do again because i have lost my boyfriend and my relationship too. i was just checking my mails in the office when i saw someone sharing her testimony on how the Great Dr Ahmed Utimate help her out with her marital problems so i contacted the email of Dr Ahmed and told him my problem and him told me that my problems will be solve within 24Hours. he told me what went wrong with my boyfriend and how it happen. that he will restored my relationship back. To my greatest surprise my boyfriend came to my office begging me on his knees that i should find a place in my heart to forgive he, i ask him to get up from is knee that i have forgiven him. Friends your case is not too hard for the great Dr to harder, my life is back into shape i have my boyfriend back and we are happily married now with a baby boy and i have my job back too.This man is really powerful..if we have up to 20 people like him in the world, the world would have been a better place..he has also helped many of my friends to solve many problems and they are all happy now..Am posting this to the forum for anybody that is interested in meeting the man for help.you can.....Email him on Ahmedutimate@gmail.com, call or Whatsapp he on +2348160153829

    ReplyDelete
  6. اسرع خدمة فى تنظيف كنب بالمدينة المنورة ستجدوها بالمركز المتميز لدينا مجموعة من افضل فرق العمل والمتخصصون فى تنظيف الكنب والمجالس
    http://www.alrayansa.com/cleaning-tanks-sofa-boards-medina/

    ReplyDelete
  7. الخبرة فى خدمات كشف تسربات المياه نحن نقدم لكم خدمات مميزة بالكشف من خلال مجموعة من امهر الفنيين وفرق العمل
    https://leaksdetectionblog.wordpress.com/


    ReplyDelete

  8. من اقوي العروض الت يتقدمها الان شركة تجهيزات مطابخ علي اعلي مستوي من التقدم في العمل علي اعلي مستوي من التميز في العمل .
    http://www.hotel-restaurant-eg.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts