Pre-Holiday Planning









 JACKET (similar) // TEE (on sale!) // JEANS // SNEAKS // SUNNIES (on sale!) // EARRINGS (on sale!)

Hey, hey, Monday after a long weekend. Let me tell youI was not prepared for today. I got up early with good intentions, and then Abercrombie sucked me into their Cyber Monday sale, and next thing I knew it was time to get kids on the bus. And my blog posts weren't done, and the house was a wreck, and the N&S site wasn't updated. Yikes. Suddenly half my day is gone.

Anyways. It think I'm still in a leftover haze from eating Thanksgiving food and having my brain going in so many different directions. Work, Christmas shopping, regrouping after the holiday, and then taking care of kiddos. Tell me I'm not alone?!?

I think my best weapon this week will be guarding my time. And that takes a lot of discipline. As I consider what that looks like for me, I think it will mean less time browsing on my phone or the computer, being deliberate about time when Baker is napping or in the early mornings and evenings, and also sticking to my list. There are SO many distractions this time of year, and I need to be careful about where my energy goes. I also need to stick to my top priorities that shouldn't ever change regardless of the season, like personal study, family prayers, reading books at bedtime, and maybe even eating fruits and vegetables. ;)

What do you do to minimize the stress and distractions this time of year?

PS- Nickel & Suede is having a sale on all apparel- like this gray tee I'm wearing- and select earrings, today only. Head over there if you've been eyeing a camo tee or one of our graphic tees.





Comments

Popular Posts