Summer Pants That Aren't Jeans

SHOP THE POST












TEE (on sale!) // PANTS // SHOES // BACKPACK // EARRINGS

I'm a little shocked myself at how slowly summer has come on this year. Usually here in Missouri, it's sweltering by this point, and the humidity is kicking into gear for the summer. The temps range from 85-105 in the summer, and like I said, the humidity doesn't help. So when it comes to dressing for summer, jeans are a struggle. I love wearing jeans, but even I get too hot and have a hard time wearing then when it's so hot out. Personally I don't like wearing shortsI don't wear short shorts, and I have weird veins from pregnancy that I prefer not to show. 

So all this to say, this year there are other optionsthere are so many lightweight, chic, cotton pants out for summer! I'm so excited to share the ones I've found with you because surely I'm not the only one who hates shorts, dies in jeans, and needs something cute to wear all summer?

The pants I'm wearing in this post (which are only $45 by the way) are one great option. I'm wearing a size small, and they have this cute tie detail at the ankle. They also come in black AND olive. I may need all three colors. I also have and love these from American Eagle and these from Madewell, and I even love this jumpsuit from Nordstrom. I'm sharing all of my favorites below. 



And as far as how to style them? There are so many ways! If they are wide legged and cropped, try to wear a wedge or heel with them. But if they are narrow at the ankle, you can do cute flats, Teva's (these or these), Birkenstocks, Converse, wedges, strappy sandalsI mean, I think it would be hard to go wrong. 

---Do be aware of the proportions of the top you wear with each pair of bottoms. The more loose and flowy the bottoms are, the more fitted you should go for up top. But don't be afraid to throw on a loose cardigan or a denim jacket with them as well if it cools down at night or your AC is freezing. 

Here are a few ways I've styled the ones I own in the last few weeks. 





PS: The earrings I'm wearing in this post? They are the new ROSE GOLD LEATHER EARRINGS from Nickel & Suede. They just came out today, and they are everything and more. You definitely need a pair. And if you aren't sure which size is for you, I only wear size large, and I recommend mediums to everyone to start off with.

Comments

  1. The two-way tie palazzo pants from Aerie are AMAZING. I have them in black and get endless compliments when I wear them! They are SO comfy and great for warmer days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking yesterday, I should ask OLM what some cute, modest shorts options are. This post answered my question, and those pants are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts