My Favorite Kind of Transitional Shoe

Happy Friday guys! It's the end of August and I cannot complain about how the weather has been. Mother Nature is being kind to me this year. This week has been cool enough to be shockingly pleasant in the mornings and the evenings and that is all I need to justify a sweater several days a week. I haven't been pulling out many boots yet, but as long as I stick to sneakers or Birkenstocks- I'm pretty comfortable.

I'm all about transitional outfits because nothing about me is sad Fall is coming and Summer is on it's way out. I'm happy to live in this seasonal moment and not-so-secretly dress for tomorrow too. :)

Shop the Post












Sneakers are in my mind the best transitional shoe styles to wear with those between season outfits. I love cute flats, but sneakers provide so much mobility that I really value as I run between preschool, work meetings, picking up and house and pulling weeds in the front yard.

PLUS, sneakers have really evolved in mommas' favor over the years. There are so many options that work to dress up or down and they make hustling through the day so comfortable while also chic. Win, win, win my friends.

Because of all of those reasons, it's so easy justify a pair of new sneaks at almost any point in the year! This shoe style gets almost more wear than any other in my closet which means my cost per wear decreases really, really quickly. Today's I've partnered with Nordstrom to share some of my favorite sneaker options this Fall.

I picked up these gray high top sneakers a few weeks ago and I've had to stop myself from wearing them daily. They make every outfit. The gray color works with almost everything in my wardrobe and the style of the shoe is just so edgy and modern. They have a hidden wedge which is honestly very well hidden and doesn't affect how how they feel on either. The wedge makes it so that the top of the shoe doesn't hit super high on your ankle but you still get the high top look. The shoes have zippers on both sides which makes them really easy to get on and they fit well.

Here are some more fit details for what I'm wearing in today's post that might be helpful.

SWEATER- This sweater fits like every sweater I wear from Madewell. I'm wearing an XS and it's perfect. It did shrink a little in the dryer but I don't expect it to be a problem. Also comes in several colors and here is another one I love.
JEANS- These jeans are a great price and fit really well. Another pair to try in the same ballpark are these.  Another pair from this same brand that I also ordered are these. All of those should fit TTS.
SHOES- These shoes keep coming in and out of stock. Sizes are limited right now but they should be back. They fit TTS. They don't have much arch support but I wear them all day with no problem. Also I sprayed mine with a suede water proofing spray so that they don't get dirty with drips from kids.
JACKET- This jacket is from last year but I found three options for you right now. Try this one for a great price, this one for a great cut, and this one too!


I wanted to share a few other pair of sneakers that I own or am crushing on hard this season. Like I said, sneakers have come a long way- so much so that the ones I'm wearing today are almost more like an ankle boot! Nordstrom has a huge selection of sneakers and the right pair can really take an outfit from cute to COOL. Whether you wear them with a dress like this or a cardigan and jeans, cute sneakers are a must.



Have you found a pair of sneakers you love yet? Are you a die hard Converse gal or do you think you'll try something else this year?

Comments

Popular Posts