How to Do a Bold Everyday Brow


Eyebrows are such an important feature on your face, and genetically, I did not win the eyebrow jackpot. I've always had thinnish eyebrows and as I've gotten older they haven't gotten any thicker. My mom's are even thinner so I can pretty much predict my eyebrow future, even though I almost never pluck them anymore! 

I've had microbalding on my mind this year and I do have an appointment to get that process started next month, but today I wanted to share my daily eyebrow routine. I'm sure many of you are in the same boat as I am with less than perfect brows so here is a run-down of my favorite products and techniques to get a fuller, thicker brow. 





I start with a micro pencil to draw in the basic shape and thin strokes that look like individual hairs. I have been doing this for long enough that I rarely measure my brows out, but I think it's helpful to see the visual. Most women want their brows to start mid-nostrial and and end at at the angle that connects the corner of the eye with the edge of the nose. See above and below. 


Once I make my marks for the edge of my brow I draw in the rest of the basic shape.



You can see one brown done with only the micro pencil above.


Next I take a lighter color wedge shaped pencil to fill in a little more. 


After wards I will use a powder to fill if needed. My eyeshadow palette is old, but it has the perfect shade of brown to finish filling my brows in with. I also use this eyeshadow palette and it has a few great matte shadow options for brow filler. 



Because my hair is so dark right now, I can afford a pretty dark and bold brow. And as you can see from the before side- it really makes a difference when I fill them in. I have been using Lash Boost on my eyelashes since these photos were taken and I've heard good things about using it or Latisse on your brows. I have yet to do it, but I know that may also be another option. 


So that's it! That's my everyday brow. In these pics it looks pretty bold, but once I get the rest of my eye makeup on they really blend right in. You can also use the brush on the other end of your pencils to comb a little of the color out if you feel like they have gone on too dark. I highly recommend using a combination of a micro pencil and a powder or a wider pencil. If you don't know what color to get, head into Ulta and try out the colors in-store. 


SUPPLIES- 
Micro Pencil- I use Chocolate
Wedge Pencil- I use Caramel or Light Brown

I've tried many different brow pencils and of course the more expensive ones have become my favorites. I'll link more options below because the products I use are not the only ones that work. 





What are your favorite brow products? Have you tried microblading yet? I'd love to hear about your experience!

Comments

  1. I didn't think you could get microblading done while pregnant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used R+F Lash Boost on my brows and am AMAZED at the difference! It really works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Microblading is good when you are lucky to have perfect skin! If your skin is normal(with large pores) or oily strokes will blur. I see that you like 'makeup look' I strongly suggest machine shading Powder Ombre Brows. This technique is less invasive.
    Micropigmentation is not allowed when you are pregnant.
    Hope it helps.
    Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts