Fancy Flats + the Nordstrom Fall Sale

Shop the Post














Happy Friday! It's been a good week here at the Nickels' house as we wind down after a CRAZY October. We just finished baseball season and came off of several big promotions at work. Not to mention two big birthdays last weekend and Halloween! A reset is definitely in order. The last few days we have had a little less going on and I've been putting more effort towards purposefully slowing down.

We spent time cleaning up and organizing at work and at home. I finally got our storage room in the basement cleared out and orderly. We stayed home in the evenings and worked on getting back to the basics of chores, exercise time, brushing teeth and getting to bed. Super normal stuff.

But the reason I want to get a little reset happening is that I know the CRAZY will be back again soon. The holidays are coming and I don't just mean Christmas. Soren has a birthday this month, we have more busy things at work, Thanksgiving always takes a lot of planning and effort- and then there is Christmas. I'll confess I've already started Christmas shopping for the kids and honestly the sooner I'm done with anything related to Christmas the sooner I feel a sigh of relief.

I've also already purchased Christmas jammies for the kids and started planning my holiday outfits. I don't ever have lots of holiday parties and events to go to, but I love adding some festive and sparkle to the everyday during November and December. Just like Fall means sweaters and boots, the holiday season means pretty details and luxe textures and if I can add those to my daily Mom-style, I do.

Right now I've been especially loving fancy flats and sneakers- and Nordstrom has a great selection of holiday shoes. Today's flats are Sam Edelman and they instantly fit the bill of everyday glam. I also love these and these. I wore these fancy sneakers in black to our holiday vendor event last week and got so many compliments on them.

You know I love shoes and I really love wearing these kinds of bold shoes with really basic everyday outfits. Today's outfit is obviously super simple and I let the shoes make the statement. Take a chance on a pair of fancy flats and push yourself outside the box of pairing them with a fancy dress and instead wear them with ripped skinnies, a cozy flannel or an over sized sweater. It works- I promise!

Also I have good news! The Nordstrom Fall Sale started today and so many good fancy flats are on sale (along with a bunch of other Fall faves!) My favorite jeans, my favorite boots, pretty flats and more are up to 40% off! I've got them all listed below with fit details. Don't miss out on these items because sizes will go quickly!




Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts