Organizing All the Things- Pantry, Bathroom and Craft Closet Makeovers

If there is anything I’ve learned in the years since starting Nickel & Suede, it’s that I need help. A whole lot of it. I’ve stopped saying no to help of any kind because if someone is offering, it’s pretty much guaranteed I need it. I have house cleaners that come twice a month and I recently hired a housekeeper to come every morning for a few hours to help me with laundry and picking up. So, when I got a message on Instagram last month offering to help me organize some spaces in my home I said, you guessed it, YES!

Lindsey and I arranged to have her help me with my pantry, my bathroom and my game/craft closet. And boy did they all need help. See below!








She came by one day to see the spaces, measure and talk to me about types of containers. Then we arranged another day for her to come and install. She spent one full day on the pantry and the bathroom and another day on the big game closet. It was amazing to watch her work. She pulled everything out, wiped things down and got rid of a ton of boxes and excess packaging. We used a mixture of different container types for visual interest and for function too.

Some of my favorite things are the cereal containers (no more kids tearing open and leaving messy cereal bags), my lazy susan under my bathroom counter (perfect for hair products) and this chalkboard tape and marker for making labels on these plastic bins. I’ve never been a labeler, but now I’m obsessed!

I’m going to link all of the containers we used in each area below. We bought it all at The Container Store, but you may find similar things at Target, T.J. Maxx and Home Goods.



PANTRY BEFORE


PANTRY AFTER







SHOP OUR PANTRY CONTAINERS BELOW



BATHROOM BEFORE


BATHROOM AFTER







SHOP OUR BATHROOM CONTAINERS BELOW



CRAFT / GAME / ACTIVITY CLOSET BEFORE



CRAFT / GAME / ACTIVITY CLOSET AFTER









CRAFT / GAME / ACTIVITY CLOSET LINKS




I know it's not in everyone's budget to have someone come and overhaul their house, but I hope some of these pictures can give you some ideas for your own home. I love seeing something done well so that I have a place to start from when I do it myself. Now that we've tackled a few spaces, I'm confident I could replicate these ideas in other closets and on other shelves in our house. 
What area of your home would you have a professional organizer attack first? 

Comments

Popular Posts