Early Spring Style

It's Friday guys! And while I do always love a Friday, today I've got extra reasons to celebrate. I love looking back at the week and patting myself on the back and documenting the wins because it keeps me grateful and reminds me how strong I am. Today I'm sharing some wins from the week and a head to toe look from JCPenney that is exactly my kinda Spring style. 

SHOP THIS POST









ARIZONA LIGHTWEIGHT DENIM JACKET // ROUND NECK LONG SLEEVE KNIT BLOUSE // CHINO FLAT FRONT PANTS (Color: Camo) // KEDS DOUBLE DECKER ROUND TOE SLIP-ON SHOE // SILVER TRIPLE V RING

So what wins did I have this week?

- Soren has been traveling all week for work and I survived the week alone! Not only was he traveling, but he was in MILAN, ITALY! Without me! I actually made him go without me (he didn't want to) because I needed to stay home with the kids. I really don't want to travel too often, and he needed to get some work done on his own anyway. But he flies in tonight and I'm so ready to see him, hear about his trip and hand him to Baker!

- I've been having so much fun seeing our new work building come together. We moved into our new offices and production floor in January, but we've been working on furnishing it and decorating. Today we have a really cool mural going up in our conference room and I can't wait to see the finished product! I'll definitely share on my story if I don't share here too.

- I finished a book this week! A real book that wasn't even a self-help or a business book. I finished reading Charity: Water and it was amazing. We listened to Scott Harrison, the author, speak last Fall and were so inspired that we actually bought a well! I highly recommend the book and looking into their charity. It was a great read.

- And last but not least, we survived what I hope is the last big snow for us here in KC. It dumped on us on Wednesday (again) and I was so proud of Easton and Kesler for shoveling the driveway for me! They really muscled through it! However, this snow is really cramping my Spring style! I am so ready for a little warm up and reasonable weather to pull out a denim jacket and show some ankle! Thankfully today's outfit is really great for transitioning seasons AND each piece is a basic you can wear over and over.

JCPenney really delivered this month when I went shopping for some Spring items to style. The quality and the price of this entire outfit really can't be beat. I'm not kidding when I say you need these shoes- they are SO comfortable! I've got some helpful details below about each piece that should help you choose sizing and understand a little more while you shop!

TOP: This top fits true to size or a little bit small. I am wearing size small and it fits perfectly. The sleeves have a little bit of ruching detail near the wrist and then the front has the twist detail. This top is an easy updated basic that is great to transition to spring as it's not super thick or thin.

PANTS: I LOVE these pants. Even Soren commented on how cute they fit in the bum. The side stripe is super cool, the crop is just right, and they are really comfortable. I bought them in size 2 and I think they are still a little too big for me- so I would size down when you order them.

JACKET: I've been on the hunt for an oversized denim jacket for a few years and this one really delivered. It's got cool distressing and fits just a little big. I'm wearing XS and it's just right.

SHOES: I love a Van's style shoe and I've been living in these. They are Keds brand, so they are really comfortable. These didn't even require a breaking in period. Fit is TTS and they were good to wear all day the day I bought them.

So, what were your wins this week? Do you have any Spring weather on your horizon yet?

Thank you to JCPenney for sponsoring this post. As always, all styling and opinions shared are my own. 

Comments

Popular Posts