Summer Getaway Outfit Inspo + Packing Ideas!

Summer has finally arrived and for so many of us, that means we get to take some time to getaway. I'm always so burned out by the end of the school year and the craziness of May that I am ready for a vacay! Soren and I are still working through our Summer schedule to find time for just that, but in the meantime, I'm at least planning my outfits! :) Today I've partnered with J.Crew to share some vacation looks and packing list ideas. Read on to see three ways I've styled today's pieces and to find my packing list suggestions too!

 SHOP THE LOOKS 




I'm not a minimalist packer by any means, just ask Soren. I love to over pack. But when I pack, I do love to pack a capsule type suitcase that allows me to mix and match all of the items I brought. Taking great basics and a few fun items on a trip allows me to get creative with my outfits as well as always feeling put together. J.Crew is one of my go-to Summer sources for fresh, warm weather outfits, on-trend looks and great quality items. I love their fun graphic tees, their beautiful swimwear and fresh takes on seasonal accessories! Today's looks are all from J.Crew and if you are going to build a mini-Summer capsule, I'd recommend starting there!





This first look is a pretty everyday travel outfit. This would be great for sightseeing, dining out, or going on an excursion. We traveled to Puerto Rico a few month ago and this outfit would have been perfect (sans-kids) for walking around Old San Juan, seeing the old castles, wandering the market or eating out with friends. The fun tote and this packable hat add plenty of personality to an otherwise basic outfit and the wedges make it chic and pretty. You could switch the shoes out for flats as well for another take on this look. I have these pants in last year's version too and have worn them so many times. They are the perfect lightweight Summer jogger and come in several other colors as well!

FIT DETAILS: 
This top and these bottoms are super lightweight making them great for warm temps, but still offering some coverage. I would recommend sizing down in both of them as they fit a little loose- I'm wearing an XS in the top and size 0 in the bottoms. The top is a little sheer, so layer a tank or a swimsuit under it, or snag it in another color for more coverage. The shoes fit TTS and are quite comfortable. 

Other ideas from J.Crew for this type of easy travel outfit:








This next outfit has me wishing for a resort vacay stat. I'm loving the all-white trend for Summer and this outfit would be perfect for wandering around the resort, heading to the pool or the spa, sitting by the beach or really anywhere on the resort or maybe even a cruise ship. This top is the same as the one in the first outfit, but it almost transforms into a cute white romper look when paired with these shorts! If you are like me, your hair looks like a mess from the humidity or the wind, even when you are trying to look glam on vacation, so a hat is still a great idea! 

FIT DETAILS:
These shorts are the same style as the olive pants above, just the shorts version. They are a tad sheer, but they really aren't bad and still work so great for a cover-up. I would still recommend sizing down in them- I'm wearing size 0 and I normally wear size 2 in pants. I also really like the length on them! 

Here are some other ideas to create this similar look from J.Crew







Every year I look forward to J.Crew's swim line and for this last look I had to also style one of their bathing suits. What kind of vacay getaway would we be preparing for if there wasn't some time for lounging in the sun?? This gingham suit has detachable straps and felt great to wear. I clearly love black and white and this cute pattern had me at hello. Pair this printed one piece with a solid pair of cute shorts (those green joggers look cute too!) and a great hat and you are good to go!

FIT DETAILS
This suit is fabulous because it is padded, and it has great bum coverage. It did fit a little big so I should have sized down. I have size 2 and could definitely wear a 0. It feels like it will stay up well without the straps, which is a plus, and it looked cute wet and dry. This hat is amazing because it is packable and will go back to its original shape even after it's been rolled in your suitcase. I love the slightly haphazard shape of it- it feels beachy and perfectly casual.

Here are some other suits and cover-ups I'm loving from J.Crew for your getaway poolside look:



So now that you've seen three looks from J.Crew, what do I recommend you pack in your suitcase? Well, depending on the length of your trip and your access to laundry and all of the other things that the mom in me considers while packing for me or a family of 7, I'd definitely recommend including the ideas below.

SUMMER VACAY PACKING LIST

1-2 Neutral, lightweight joggers
1-2 pairs of lightweight shorts
1-2 Lightweight tunic
1 Summer dress
1-2 graphic tees or tanks
1-2 swimsuits
1 cover-up
Flip flops
 1 pair wedges/dressier sandals
Beach Tote
Cute clutch
Sunglasses
Fedora/Hat
Sunscreen
Sea salt hairspray
Blush, mascara, a few other basics toiletries
Passport (in a cute case of course!)

Are you packing for somewhere warm this Summer? If you could go anywhere- where would you getaway to?

Thank you to J.Crew for sponsoring this post. As always all styling and opinions are my own. 

Comments

Popular Posts