Summer Uniform

We're in the full swing of Summer over here and the weather is definitely heating up. I think there might actually be a heat advisory in place for the weekend, so my plans include drinking a ton of water and staying indoors! June has been a busy, but awesome month. I've loved all of the exciting projects we've been moving forward with at work and I've really, really loved all of the camps and activities that my boys have been trying out. This weekend they are performing in The Lion King Musical and I'm so proud of them for the work they have put into preparing for it. They've never done anything like it so these performances will be more "firsts" in their books. I just love it!

Thankfully most of June actually hasn't been too hot and I've been able to wear my usual uniform- jeans and a tee and even a few layers all month long. Today I'm partnering with Nordstrom to share my Summer uniform and other great pieces I'm loving this month from Nordstrom (like these metallic Birks and my favorite black romper!).

SHOP THE POST












I've gotten more on board with wearing shorts this Summer, but I'm still a fan of jeans year-round. This year I'm so happy to have found a white pair that I love. These Levi's are casual and have a great relaxed skinny fit - plus the perfect rips. They fit tts and are not see through. I like pairing them with basic tees like this one from Madewell at Nordstrom, but they also work well with blouses or a chambray shirt!

The gray tee I'm wearing today is also an amazing basic. It fits a little big (I'm wearing an XS here), but it's the perfect thickness and loose fit. I'm sure I don't need to describe all of the ways you could wear this one!

You all know my love for Birkenstocks, and I finally pulled the trigger on these metallic ones. I love the Rose Gold ones too, but Silver is more me. They fit TTS and I buy the regular width, not narrow. I've had a few questions about the white soles, but don't be concerned about them. A Magic Eraser easily wipes them clean again.

You may also notice I've added a few new layering necklaces to my daily outfits and after wearing them for a week straight, I can tell you these two are the perfect combination. I don't know about you but I struggle with buying necklaces that layer well together, so I just had to share once I found this gorgeous choker and necklace.

Below I'm sharing some other recent outfits from Nordstroms from Instagram and other days over the last few weeks. I think it probably helps to see things styled in real life, so see my outfits below to shop other current Nordstrom favs.

Madewell Central Rainbow Stripe Tunic Shirt (wearing size xs, fits very oversized) // Levi 721 Ripped High Waist Skinny Jeans (wearing size 27- they fit small, size up) // Similar Platform Esapdrille Sandals


I can't believe June is nearly over, but since July is on its way whether we like it or not, we may as well start getting excited about the Anniversary Sale! It's the most fun sale of the year to shop and next week I'll be sharing a post all about why and how and when to shop. The biggest thing to consider now though is getting a Nordy Club Card so that you can shop the sale early. Early Access is the most fun time of the sale and often things sell out before Public Access begins. If you don't have a Nordstrom Card, but you shop there anyways, definitely sign up for one now. You'll get to shop the sale early and you'll earn points toward Nordstrom notes to use on future purchases. 

Don’t forget to sign up for your Nordy Club card to gain access to Early Access for the Anniversary Sale! See more here- including how to get an $60 Nordstrom note just for signing up! Are you shopping the sale? Did you shop it last year? I can't wait!

Thank you Nordstrom for sponsoring this post. As always all styling and opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular Posts