Fall 2019 Trends- Oversized Blazers

One of the things I asked last year for Christmas was magazine subscriptions. I asked for style and business magazines and I'm so glad I did. I got 8-10 subscriptions as gifts and it's been one of the best parts of each month this year. I love getting a stack of them in the mail and flipping through and tearing out inspiration each month. Last night I had a chance to go through my July issues and there were so many articles about Fall fashion. My heart lives for the pre-Fall chatter and trend articles so needless to say, I'm feeling great about talking about those trends on the blog. Today I'm talking about oversized blazers and how you can get the look at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale right now!


SHOP THIS POST
















Blazers were definitely starting to trend last Fall, but this year they are so much more prevalent. They are actually really easy to style, and I think they are much more versatile than ever before. I promise! I really love a fitted blazer (Parke blazers from J.Crew are my favorite) but oversized blazers have the ability to be much more casual - as well as dressy. 

Today's outfit I've styled in a super simple casual way. This is 100% repeatable with an oversized blazer of your choice, a basic white v-neck (these are my secret faves), skinny jeans and a slip-on sneaker. I elevated the look a little with a great handbag and curled hair, but it's still very wearable for every day. 

If you think of the blazer like an oversized cardigan you can very much style them the same way. 

Below you can see how I styled these other oversized blazer options in a dressier way. I swapped light jeans for black denim (or a skinny dress pant) and a pointed toe, heeled boot. (The ones I'm wearing are the absolute best- highly recommend!) You could even swap the white tee for a lace blouse for another even dressier option.


Halogen Check Blazer (wearing size xs) // Halogen V-Neck Tunic Tee (wearing size xs) // Rag & Bone Raw Hem Ankle Skinny Jeans (wearing size 27) // Marc Fisher LTD Unique Bootie


Some of these blazer styles are really low on sizing, so I'm linking a few below that may not be on sale, but will really work for the look!




Comments

  1. What are your favorite fashion magazines? Love your style!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts