New Basics for the New Year

Happy Monday! I hope you had a great holiday and enjoyed time with your family and friends. In this week between Christmas and New Year's I keep forgetting what day it is, heck, even what year it is. My mind keep thinking it's already next week and I'm so thankful when I remember it's still 2019 and I've still got a few more days before we jump into a new year. I'm still recovering from Christmas and very much in reflecting mode. Today I'm partnering with JC Penney to share some cute sweaters and basic workwear that will take you right into the new year, plus so thoughts on ways to start the new year off right!








SWEATER (wearing XS) // PANTS (2P) // SHOES

Every year as soon as Christmas is over, I'm all about light and bright and no more red and green. My wardrobe shifts from the holiday color palette to basically the opposite! I headed to JCPenney last week and found so many cute things that were just what I had in mind. I love this star sweater in black and white and paired it with my favorite black dress pants and these edgy white boots. I also picked up this cute striped sweater, this leopard blouse and this mint colored sweatshirt. They all fit a little big so I size down in all of them. I love refreshing my tops in January with some basics that I can wear for work or with jeans. All of these items are on sale and the quality is great too. I love that I can always find so many great items that are my style and are quality and a price that I can appreciate at JCPenney every time I go. 

With the New Year approaching of course my mind is turning to goals and so I pulled out my goals from 2018 over the weekend. I think it so important to write down your goals so that you can visualize what is important to you and see what it is that you want to do going forward. At the beginning of last year I wrote a big list  of goals and then looked over it once a quarter throughout the year. Yesterday I looked through it and somewhat to my surprise, I had accomplished about 85% of what I had set down on paper. That's pretty incredible right? 

My big takeaway from that discovery was that just the process of writing down goals and then reviewing that list can be so progressive. I didn't make a list with sub-lists and check boxes and time lines in a big complicated planner. I just made one big list and I reviewed it multiple times last year. And I made a ton of progress. I kept it simple and I got a lot done. I'm always a fan of simple, when it comes to getting dressed or making goals so if there is a way to keep it simple and make an impact- I'm all about it. 

What are your plans for making goals this year? Are you setting goals? Picking a word for the year? Did you accomplish anything big this last year? I'd love to hear!



Thank you JCPenney for sponsoring this post. As always all styling and opinions are my own. 

Comments

Popular Posts